Affiliate Instructors in Nursing # 20170081FAC
Position Title: Affiliate Instructors in Nursing
Job Posting Number: 20170081FAC
Job Location: Round Rock
College of Health Professions
School St. David's School of Nursing
Position Description: The St. David’s School of Nursing at Texas State University seeks dynamic Affiliate Instructors to assist qualified, experienced faculty with clinical teaching experiences. Affiliate Instructors are hired on a semester-by-semester basis and report to the Director, St. David’s School of Nursing on the Texas State University’s Round Rock Campus. The nursing school is one of eight academic programs in the College of Health Professions. Affiliate Instructors supervise student clinical learning experiences, including but not limited to, administration of medications, procedures, health assessments, only when the qualified and experienced faculty member is physically present in the affiliating agency or alternative practice setting. Affiliate Instructors may not supervise students when faculty are not available, nor may they supervise or assist students who need to make up for a missed clinical. Information provided below is found in the Board of Nursing’s Rules and Regulations (Texas Administrative Code, Rule §215.10).
Responsibilities of Faculty and Affiliate Instructor:
• Affiliate Instructors, as employees of Texas State University, are required to complete all mandatory compliance training.
• Affiliate Instructors shall supervise student clinical learning experiences, including but not limited to, administration of medications, procedures, health assessments, only when the qualified and experienced faculty member is physically present in the affiliating agency or alternative practice setting.
• Faculty shall be readily available to students and Affiliate Instructors during clinical learning experiences.
• Faculty are solely responsible for evaluations of students.
• The designated faculty member shall meet periodically with the Affiliate Instructors and student(s) for the purpose of monitoring and evaluating learning experiences.
• Written clinical objectives shall be shared with the Affiliate Instructors prior to or concurrent with the experience.
• When acting as Affiliate Instructors, the RN shall not be responsible for other staff duties, such as supervising other personnel and/or patient care.
• Affiliate Instructors must be identifiable as Texas State School of Nursing faculty and will be required to wear prescribed uniform and Texas State ID.
1. Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited baccalaureate program in nursing.
2. Hold a current license or privilege to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.
3. Clinical expertise to function effectively and safely in the designated area of teaching; (recent graduates must have worked at least six (6) months full-time, or equivalent, under direct supervision of an RN.)
1. Master’s of Science in Nursing.
2. Two years of work experience as a nurse in the area designated to teach.
3. Certification in one or more specialty preferred.
Application Procedures: Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/19826. Review date is July 14, 2017. To be considered, please submit a cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications and a CV/resume.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date: Fall 2017
Open Until Filled? Yes
Review Date: 07/14/2017