Adjunct Geology Faculty
The responsibilities of this position consist of teaching Geology courses to be determined. This position holds accountability for instruction, student assessment, and evaluation of a diverse student population. Teaching responsibilities may be required in both traditional and distance education formats.
Review of resumes will begin July 20, 2017. Position is posted until filled.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and updates course syllabi.
- Teaches assigned course content utilizing a variety of presentation methods.
- Observes and assesses student learning competencies providing timely feedback to students.
- Schedules office hours for assisting students.
- Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, including posting students’ grades and attendance in MidWeb.
- Communicates student assessment results to department faculty and administrators.
- Participates in professional development opportunities, particularly to maintain current professional expertise in mathematics and related subjects.
- Serves on program related committees.
- Adheres to departmental objectives, policies, procedures and standards; recommends changes to departmental procedures as necessary to improve the efficacy of the Department.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization’s policies & procedures, and compliance guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to translate educational and professional experience into the student learning environment.
- Ability to provide positive motivation and encourage student participation.
- Ability to keep up with new trends and developments in classroom technology.
- Effective planning, organizational, and communication skills.
- Written and computer skills needed to prepare course materials.
- Analytical skills to evaluate and report student learning outcomes.
- Master’s degree in Geology, Geophysics, Oceanography, Marine Biology, or Earth Science required, or Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in these disciplines.
- Two years of teaching experience preferred; ideally at the community college level.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.