Adjunct French Faculty
The responsibilities of this position consist of teaching the range of courses in French to students in the community college setting. This position holds accountability for instruction, student assessment, and evaluation of a diverse student population. Teaching responsibilities may be required in both traditional and distance education formats. Assignments could be at locations including Mt. Pleasant, Harrison, and online.
Review of resumes will begin June 12, 2017. Position is open until filled.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teaches assigned course content utilizing a variety of presentation methods. Develops and updates course syllabi. Observes and assesses student learning competencies providing timely feedback to students. Schedules office hours for assisting students. Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, including posting students’ grades and attendance in MidWeb. Communicates student assessment results to department faculty and administrators. Participates in professional development opportunities, particularly to maintain current professional expertise in Philosophy and/or related subjects. Serves on program related committees. Adheres to departmental objectives, policies, procedures and standards; recommends changes to departmental procedures as necessary to improve the efficacy of the Department. Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization’s policies & procedures, and compliance guidelines. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of course content and objectives.
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver course content/objectives and facilitate an effective learning environment for students to maximize their success.
- Knowledge of computer and educational technology and ability to effectively integrate technology into the classroom.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a close, collaborative manner with other faculty and administration.
- Master’s Degree in French or
- Master’s Degree in another discipline with 18 graduate credits in French or
- Native speaker of French with a Master’s Degree.
- One – three years of teaching college level courses in the discipline area strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a community college environment preferred.
Normal classroom environment with little, if any discomfort due to heat, dust, noise and the like. Ability to travel to Harrison and Mt. Pleasant campus locations.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.