Adjunct English Faculty
The responsibilities of this position consist of teaching the range of courses in English composition to students in the community college setting. This position holds accountability for instruction, student assessment, and evaluation of a diverse student population. Teaching responsibilities may be required in both traditional and distance education formats. Assignments will be at all campus locations.
Review of resumes will begin July 14, 2017. Position is open until filled.
- Teaches assigned course content utilizing a variety of presentation methods.
- Develops and updates course syllabi.
- Observes and assesses student learning competencies providing timely feedback to students.
- Schedules office hours for assisting students.
- Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, including posting students’ grades and attendance in MidWeb.
- Communicates student assessment results to department faculty and administrators.
- Participates in professional development opportunities, particularly to maintain current professional expertise in English and/or related subjects.
- Serves on program related committees.
- Adheres to departmental objectives, policies, procedures and standards; recommends changes to departmental procedures as necessary to improve the efficacy of the Department.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies & procedures, and compliance guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in English, Rhetoric or Composition.
- Minimum of two years of teaching college level courses in the discipline area strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a community college environment preferred.