Senior Web & Graphic Designer
About University of Massachusetts Amherst:
University of Massachusetts Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The University’s College of Information and Computer Sciences (CICS) is nationally recognized for its research activities, and has one of the highest ranked and most competitive graduate research programs in the nation. Its faculty, which includes 10 ACM Fellows and 8 AAAI Fellows, is distinguished by a unique culture of collaboration that enhances both research and teaching. Faculty members consistently work together across traditional boundaries between specialties within computer science, as well as across other disciplines. The College recently received a $15M gift to expand its data science and cyber security activities.
Reporting to the Director of External Relations and Communications, the Senior Web & Graphic Designer serves as web designer and production manager for the College of Information and Computer Sciences (CICS) web sites and web applications, as well as the graphic designer on all college print and email communications. The practitioner will collaborate with communications and IT staff to create designs that deliver compelling messages to the college’s constituencies, enhance the college’s brand, and reinforce the university’s core values.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing websites, including information architecture, multimedia integration, usability testing, production, and analytics reporting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative suite; knowledge of graphic design principals, UI/UX best practices, and print production standards; ability to create compelling, original artwork including images, icons, infographics, and banners.
- Working knowledge of an open source content management system (CMS) such as Drupal, WordPress, or Joomla; experience converting PSD designs into CMS themes or templates.
- Working knowledge of the design, coding, and testing of HTML emails; experience working with email marketing/ CRM software.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage several projects simultaneously; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a higher education environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Java, Scala, or Python programming languages preferred.
- Requires some night and weekend work.
Professional Staff Salary Administration Program position LEVEL 26.
On Campus applicants are defined as Amherst campus, non-student employees.
To apply, please go to http://umass.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=86382 and submit a cover letter, resume, names and contact information of three professional references, and a link to an online portfolio of your work.
Review of applications will begin on July 17, 2017 and may continue until a suitable candidate pool has been identified.
The University of Massachusetts is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, the University of Massachusetts is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the University of Massachusetts to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
More jobs like this
- Web, Mobile & Application Development jobs in Education
- Web, Mobile & Application Development jobs in Instructional Technology & Design
- Web, Mobile & Application Development jobs in Science & Technology
- Web, Mobile & Application Development jobs in Computer Science & Information Technology
- Web, Mobile & Application Development jobs in Other Science & Technology Jobs