Assistant Director, Business Career Services
The mission of the Walker College of Business (WCOB) is to deliver transformational educational experiences that prepare and inspire students to be ethical, innovative, and engaged business leaders who positively impact our community, both locally and globally. The college has an enrollment of approximately 2,800 undergraduate and 150 graduate students.
The Assistant Director will serve as part of a team which cultivates aspiring business leaders by delivering professional development and leadership opportunities which inspire and engage business students and connect their academic experience to the business world. In this capacity, the Assistant Director is expected to assist the Executive Director in the development, implementation and management of short and long range strategic plans that are consistent with the mission and goals of the Center.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Serve as Walker Fellows Ambassadors advisor providing advice and guidance and acting as the primary resource person for all WCOB requirements of the club. In addition, resolve issues confronting the group, monitor financial status, and records, provide training and support for all members.
- Design, develop and deploy all mentoring programs run through the Center as well as provide individual mentoring to select groups of students.
- Lead signature student event, Walker Business Connections on an annual basis. This event hosts over 1500 attendees, 40 workshops and several concurrent networking venues.
- Counsel high school students on university and major selection through Open House, college tours and other programs.
- Conceptualize, manage and deliver student orientation and training sessions for freshmen entering each year.
- Train and supervise undergraduate students and graduate assistants.
- Schedule and coordinate all Center class and club presentations.
- Conceptualize, design and manage the Center’s brand, advertising, and marketing materials (printed, online and programmatic).
- Manage Center facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with student programming
- Demonstrated experience with university students, staff, systems and procedures.
- Experience with website management, Banner, Access, Excel and/or Dashboard
- 2-5 years of business, professional and/or higher education work experience.
- Demonstrated organizational and event management skills.
- Demonstrated experience with marketing and designing print materials.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Valid NC Driver’s License
- Excellent programmatic and organizational skills
- Extensive time management skills
- Capability to develop and maintain effective relationships by listening, understanding, and responding to students, industry professionals and other constituents
- Ability to respond to challenges and problem solve
- Database management skills
Salary Range: $40,000 - $44,000 – based on experience
Interested individuals can apply at https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/15796. A completed application must include a cover letter, resume, three references and a sample of work.
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Individuals with disabilities seeking reasonable accommodations during the application and interview process should contact Business Career Services at 828-262-7579.