Associate or Full Professor Cancer Control and Population Health
Open date: July 1st, 2017
Next review date: July 31st, 2017
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: November 30th, 2017
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The University of California, Irvine, Program in Public Health and the Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center are seeking applicants for a full-time, nine-month salaried, tenured position, at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of a successful research program in cancer control and population health, with expertise in community-based research. Candidates with a scholarly record of cancer control and public health sciences research, and collaboration in multidisciplinary teams in a matrixed academic health sciences environment are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should have an outstanding record of research, evidence of the ability to obtain independent or collaborative extramural NIH-type funding, and evidence of excellent mentoring or teaching. Successful applicants will contribute to a broader, interdisciplinary initiative in the growing College of Health Sciences at UCI, and will collaborate with other faculty members and research scientists in Public Health, Cancer Center members, and across the larger campus. A doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D.) in a public health-related field, research excellence, and university teaching experience are required.
Successful candidates will have a sustained record of research, and peer-reviewed funding by NCI or its equivalent (preferred). Expertise in underserved community-based research designed to reduce cancer incidence and improve outcomes is paramount. Successful candidates will also have the following:
- A demonstrable peer-reviewed publication record
- National recognition in an area of public health
- A demonstrated ability to lead highly interactive and multidisciplinary
- Demonstrated success translating scientific discovery into new research directions applicable to populations at risk for cancer
- Knowledge/appreciation of the value of public health-related research and education and the capability to help integrate research into the community and clinical enterprises
- Experience working with cancer center and public health leadership, research institutes, and community organizations
- A collaborative style that fosters and supports teamwork and innovation
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. The Program in Public Health recognizes the value of diversity in its faculty and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Qualified applicants must have the demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues and to teach and mentor a diverse student body.
To apply, please log onto UC Irvine's recruitment site located at
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for this position:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Current and Future Research Plans
- Statement of Teaching
- Contact information to request three reference letters
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - This is a separate statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion.
UC Irvine is one of ten campuses of the highly regarded University of California system. With approximately 29,000 students, 1,100 faculty members, a highly ranked medical school, our campus offers a wealth of opportunities for research collaboration and is ranked among the top 10 public universities in the US. Established in 2003, our rapidly growing Program in Public Health offers BA, BS, MPH, and PhD degrees in a variety of emphasis areas. The U.S. News and World Report recently ranked our MPH program as #10 in the country. More information is available on our web site at http://publichealth.uci.edu/.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
For questions regarding this opportunity please contact:
Lari Wenzel, PhD
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now