At Avalon Technologies our Solution Engineers implement enterprise IT infrastructure solutions. Primary activities include the installation of network Infrastructure, Storage Area Networks (SANs), enterprise servers, virtual server infrastructures and business continuity solutions. In addition to demonstrated expertise on these technologies, a high level of customer interaction requires our Solutions Engineers possess excellent communication skills and a strong business acumen.
- Installs and implements highly available / critical technologies such as core networking infrastructure, storage area network, virtualized computing infrastructure and business continuity solutions.
- Delivers creative solutions that prevent or resolve system configuration challenges with entire customer environment in mind
- Works with a team to support achievement of project milestones and deliver on internal and/or external commitments.
- Administers and maintains internal Avalon lab/demonstration data center
- Participates in regular knowledge transfer with Avalon staff on current trends and developments related to technologies relevant to Avalon Technologies
- Produces clear technical documentation for guides, white papers, case studies that are written at a level of appropriate for the intended audience
- Participates in the creation and delivery of technical content for marketing events such as webinars and customer presentations
- Attends on-site customer meetings with Avalon sales staff, participates in technical fact-finding and presents customized solutions at a level appropriate for the client
- Works on cross-functional internal teams on varying assignments to advance the goals and prosperity of Avalon Technologies
- Deep experience and aptitude related to the design and implementation of the following technologies in highly availble production environments:
- Local and wide area networks
- VMware 5.x / 6.x and/or Hyper-V 2012
- Storage Area Networks / Network Attached Storage including
- Dell Compellent
- Dell EqualLogic
- EMC Isilon
- EMC VNX
- EMC VMAX
- Microsoft Server, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Moderate experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Exchange and Lync design and administration
- Microsoft SQL design and administration
- Fiber Channel Switching zoning and administration
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- A high level of analytical skill to interpret varying business requirements and policies according to clients' needs.
- Ability to support and collaborate with users of varying skill level, background and experience
- Ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs
- Works under general direction, seeks assistance as needed,
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to execute with minimal supervision.
- Adjusts to multiple demands and shifting priorities; accepts responsibility for results of actions
- Excellent written, oral and group presentation communication skills
- This position will interact with both technical and non-technical personnel and must be able to communicate effectively via telephone, email, and in person
- Domestic / regional overnight travel required for professional development, client implementations, conferences etc.
In 2002, Avalon was founded on a simple premise - IT professionals who have worked on both the data center and consulting side are better equipped to understand different IT environments and the optimal product configurations that work best in each. We are collaborators, not sales people. We are authentic, approachable and highly responsive.
Avalon works with a wide range of clients in the health care, manufacturing, entertainment, financial services, education and public sectors. Avalon is certified as Premier in the Dell PartnerDirect program, the highest recognition that Dell offers. This certification recognizes Avalon's deep experience and past performance working with clients to design, purchase and deploy the right technology with the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Sun, 2 Jul 2017 04:21:23 PDT