Manufacturing Plant Manager
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing new plans and strategies for improving the operations and profitability of the plant.
• Coordinating plant activities and plans with company headquarters, as well as with other plants, to ensure that overall company manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Establishing and maintaining a safe and clean work environment suitable to achieve conformity to product and process requirements as well as employee wellbeing.
• Ensuring that all plant operations are performed in compliance with regulatory requirements including OSHA requirements and requirements of various environmental agencies.
• Developing competent employees, including the management of employee training on an ongoing basis.
• Monitoring the availability of all raw materials necessary for production.
• Ensuring that suitable production related equipment and tooling is established and maintained at a high level of readiness.
• Ensuring that such production equipment is capable of completing pertinent operations at a high level of quality and at the speed and within the time allotted.
• Managing the plant level purchasing of parts, manufacturing supplies and outside services.
• Managing the utilization of customer owned raw material, tooling and supplies.
• Establishing and maintaining plant level documentation such as visual controls, posters and signage.
• Fostering an environment of continual improvement in all aspects of plant activities.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience
• 3 years minimum of management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Proven record of success at leading changes and reducing costs
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Quality Management (ISO 9001)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong arithmetic and shop math skills
• Microsoft Office skills (Intermediate level for Excel and Word)
• Creative thinker
• Strong organizational skills
We are a global manufacturer of precision metal forms, servicing a diverse industrial market including the aerospace, medical and military industries among many others, and we operate numerous small plants across the world.
We are seeking an experienced Manager to provide top notch leadership to our staff and oversee all operations at one of these manufacturing plants located in the Hartford area.
Sun, 2 Jul 2017 17:14:52 PDT