Cancer Prevention and Control Data Analyst/Programmer
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
University of Colorado Cancer Center
Cancer Prevention and Control Data Analyst/Programmer
Position # 00733251 - Requisition 09482
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Cancer Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Cancer Prevention and Control Data Analyst/Programmer position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Cancer Center, located at the Anschutz Medical Campus, is Colorado's only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, a distinction recognizing its outstanding contributions to research, clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. CU Cancer Center's clinical partner for adult care, University of Colorado Hospital is ranked in the top 25 by U.S. News and World Report for cancer care and Children's Hospital Colorado is ranked 9th by the same organization. The CU Cancer Center is a member of the prestigious National Comprehensive Cancer Network®, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers working to establish and deliver the gold standard in cancer clinical guidelines. CU Cancer Center also is a member of the Oncology Research Information Exchange Network (ORIEN), a unique research partnership among North America's top cancer centers leveraging multiple data sources and matching patients to targeted treatments. CU Cancer Center is a consortium of approximately 400 researchers and physicians at three state universities and three clinical institutions, all working toward one goal: Translating science into life.
The Cancer Center Prevention and Control program is looking to hire a full time Data Analyst to independently provide database management and statistical management for grant funded research projects. This position operates fully independently.
Examples of Work Performed
- Provide database management and statistical analysis for multiple grant funded research projects
- Create databases from multiple resources
- Check data for integrity
- Provide tables, reports, analysis as directed by project leaders
- Provide input into publications and interdepartmental projects
- Create de-identified datasets as needed for analysis
- Conduct analysis of SEER data
- Conduct analysis of cancer registry data
- Conduct analysis of cohort and case-control study data
- Provide written methods and results for manuscripts
- Provide documentation of analyses.
Salary and Benefits
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in biostatistics, epidemiology or related field and two (2) years' data analysis experience.
- Experience in a research environment.
Substitution: A Master's degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, health evaluation or social sciences (or related field) can substitute for the two (2) years' specific experience.
- Experience with statistical analysis and software including SAS, SAS Macro, SEERStat and mapping software like SatScan
- Experience working with multiple data sources including interview data, medical records and large administrative data sets
- Experience working with multidisciplinary research teams
- MS in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, health evaluation or social sciences (or related field)
- Experience with data analysis of large administrative data sets
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of epidemiologic research methods
- Extensive knowledge and skills with database management and analysis
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Collaborative work skills
- Ability to handle to handle and prioritize multiple tasks on tight deadlines
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Myles Cockburn at Myles.Cockburn@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by May 30, 2017. Those who do not apply by May 30, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20066 - SOM-U of Colo Cancer Center
Posting Date: May 4, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Myles Cockburn
Posting Contact Email: Myles.Cockburn@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00733251