8AM - 5PM
$43,704 - $52,200
The Social Neuroscience Lab at the University of California Riverside is seeking a full-time lab manager to join us in the Summer or Fall 2017.
The lab uses brain imaging and behavioral methods to examine biased social cognition and decision making processes, such as motivated perception, optimism and asymmetries in social learning, illusory control, self-enhancement, intergroup cognition, prosociality and social reward. We then link these processes with real world consequences across health, well being, risky behaviors, and clinical outcomes. Applicants can learn more about our work at https://www.hugheslab.org/.
The position is ideal for motivated individuals looking to develop as researchers before applying to graduate programs in psychology, neuroscience or related fields.
Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Math, or related fields
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Demonstrated background and passion for research experience in psychology or neuroscience
Undergraduate level statistics course and experience with statistical analysis packages (e.g. Matlab, SPSS, R, Excel, etc.)
Experience conducting independent research in psychology or neuroscience
Experience analyzing neuroimaging data (e.g. SPM, FSL, AFNI, or similar platforms)
Strong computer programming skills
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview