Job ID 18128
Full/Part Time Full-Time
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility & ADA Education at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
The CHCQ/OCE Administrative Fellowship position is a non-permanent, one year training experience providing opportunity for the fellow to be immersed in the use of improvement tools and techniques, facilitation and coaching, and data analytics within UMHS. The Fellow will work with an emphasis in QI/PI and in doing so will be exposed to a wide variety of settings within the health system including inpatient and outpatient clinical departments, scheduling, billing, ancillary departments, support services, and administration allowing them to test both interests and skills in a variety of disciplines.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
The position will serve under the direction of Dr. Douglas Wakefield, CHCQ's Director and report directly CHCQ's Deputy Director of Operations, Mr. Koby Clements.
CHCQ provides a wide range of patient care quality, safety, and value improvement support services to departments, teams, and individuals throughout UMHS. These services encompass a wide range of education, facilitation, technical assistance, consultative, and data analytic activities. CHCQ's work is organized around three major areas: Technical Consultation/ Assistance; Education Innovation and Improvement; and Research. The Fellow will also participate in CHCQ educational programs such as UMHS Innovation and Improvement Sharing Days, as well as the Performance Improvement Leadership Development Program (PI-LDP) and Clinical Leaders' Quality Improvement Program (CL-QIP) programs.
OCE also provides a wide range of PI/QI reporting and support within MUHC in the areas of clinical improvement, infection control, and internal and external quality metrics reporting. The Fellow will spend part of her/his time working with OCE staff in developing analytic skills related to issues such as external reporting requirements and report preparation, root cause analyses, and adverse event reporting.
While the successful candidate must have in place the required qualifications, training will be provided to the successful candidate to perform job duties and provide professional growth opportunities.
Development opportunities include:
• Training and application of PI/QI knowledge and tools
• Team leadership, facilitation, and coaching skills
• Exposure and interaction with a variety of areas within the health system through PI/QI projects
• Opportunities to attend executive-level meetings and be exposed to long-term strategic planning.
• Development of healthcare data analytics skills to support clinical, support service and administrative improvement initiatives
• Exposure to internal and external clinical quality reporting practices and measures
• Exposure to trends and innovations in healthcare service delivery and finance
• Advanced technical skills and knowledge of the health care system
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative, scientific subject (health informatics, industrial engineering), or management related field (MHA, MBA) with a B average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better.
• Strong skills using Microsoft products such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio and the ability to grasp internal information systems.
Successful candidate must have:
• Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with teams of people.
• Exhibit strong leadership skills and analytical abilities to organize and summarize data to yield actionable information through strong written and verbal communication.
• An ability to effectively balance multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities.
• A high level of professionalism.
• Master's degree in a quantitative, scientific subject (health informatics, industrial engineering), or management related field (MHA, MBA) with a B average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better from an accredited program.
• 1 - 3 years of relevant or Administrative Internship experience.
• Experience working with quality and process improvement teams within a health care setting.
• Strong skills using databases and related reporting tools (SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Cognos, Cerner PowerInsight (SAP Business Objects)).
• Experience building data and information dashboards, particularly using SAP Dashboards/Xcelsius.
• Cost/benefit analysis experience.
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Apply using the online application and be prepared to upload the following:
• Personal essay of no more than 500 words that describes:
o how your passion for healthcare administration developed, and
o why the University of Missouri Health Care is a perfect fit for you.
• Official graduate and undergraduate transcripts
• Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Three letters of recommendation (maximum of 1 from academic program faculty) should be emailed to Mr. Koby Clements, Project Director, Center for Health Care Quality at ClementsKL@health.missouri.edu
For more information about this position, please contact Mr. Koby Clements, Project Director, Center for Health Care Quality at 573-884-5738 or ClementsKL@health.missouri.edu.
Other Information: The CHCQ/OCE Administrative Fellowship position is a non-permanent, one year training experience providing opportunity for the fellow to be immersed in the use of improvement tools and techniques, facilitation and coaching, and data analytics within UMHS.