IHP Enrollment Marketing Manager (STAFF)
MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston is an innovative and interprofessional graduate school with post-baccalaureate, direct entry-level master's and doctorate, and post-professional programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Speech-Language Pathology, Health Professions Education, and a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences. The only degree-granting affiliate of Partners HealthCare System, the MGH Institute offers its more than 1,500 students unparalleled opportunities to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, community, and educational settings. The school, which has graduated more than 6,000 students since its 1977 founding by Massachusetts General Hospital, is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Several programs are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and the school has been named for the past seven years as a Great College to Work for by The Chronicle of Higher Education and has been placed on the honor roll list for the past three years.
Reporting to the Director of Admission, the Enrollment Marketing Manager is responsible to develop, plan, and execute integrated communications and marketing plans that serve to promote program recruitment and support IHP strategic enrollment needs. The Enrollment Marketing Manager will develop and optimize digital recruitment communications utilizing CRM technology, update web and social media channels, and oversee the development of print collateral, adhering to brand and style guidelines. The Enrollment Marketing Manager coordinates recruitment campaign related events, such as webinars, conferences, and materials. The Enrollment Marketing Manager utilizes strong interpersonal skills with internal and external constituents in order to effectively develop and execute enrollment marketing plans.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute program-specific integrated marketing plans utilizing a mix of online, social, and print strategies in support of strategic enrollment across a range of disciplines. (60%)
- Develop, document, and execute multi-channel marketing plans for an assigned set of programs
- Develop, execute, and optimize digital communications to national/international inquires via Ellucian RECRUIT CRM
- Manage list purchase and list rental, e.g., GRE, NAAHP, in alignment with strategic enrollment needs
- Manage enrollment recruitment advertising (print and online) and oversee ad placement;
- Oversee the creation of recruitment and enrollment collateral; Write and edit direct-mail letters, flyers, and brochures; oversee creation and production of the view book
- Work with external partners (freelance designer, print/mail house, etc) to facilitate execution of collateral and marketing plans
- Work with internal partners (e.g., Office of Strategic Communications) on content and video production as needed
- Develop and maintain recruitment-related web and social media interfaces for promoting enrollment, including: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram, and similar resources. (15%)
- Maintain and update admissions web pages
- Develop and implement recruitment-related social media strategies to drive engagement with prospective students
- Collaborate with the Office of Strategic Communications on social media techniques and channels that serve to recruit students and maintain the IHP brand
- Oversee and coordinate recruitment-related support for in-person and webinar open houses and external recruitment events. (15%)
- Promote and oversee webinars, update slide decks as needed
- Oversee banner, tablecloth, and giveaway production/creation
- Coordinate with Admissions to book conference space for post-professional events
- Administrative and analytic responsibilities include: (10%)
- Collaborate with Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing to ensure seamless integration on digital and print marketing strategies
- Create and maintain reports necessary to track the performance of campaigns and marketing efforts
- Monitor spending in line with allocated budget for enrollment marketing activities
- Back-up coverage/support for Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing during absences or busy periods
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned by Director of Admission
Monitor marketing budget activity, e.g., for list purchase, ads, etc.
Work is performed under stress of deadlines and peak periods of activity. Fast-paced office environment. Some evening and weekend hours may be necessary. Some travel may be necessary.
Training / Time Required To Learn Job Responsibilities:
Initial training to school, programs, and office procedures will be required, approximately 1-3 months.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years marketing experience. Strong writing and project management skills. Knowledge of web 2.0 strategies and social media essential. Knowledge of and higher education desired.
Skills / Abilities / Competencies:
Administrative Skills: Excellent communication, management, and interpersonal skills; customer-oriented. Ability to handle multiple projects tasks. Strong organizational skills.
Technical Skills: Strong writer with proven project management skills. Strong knowledge of word, excel, PowerPoint, a wide range of social media platforms, as well as e-marketing and social media best practices and strategies.
Physical Capabilities: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and be mobile; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute's research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location: MA-Charlestown-MGH IHP
Work Locations: MGH IHP 36 First Avenue Charlestown 02129
Organization: Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: IHP ES
Job Posting: May 18, 2017