Assistant Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager: Dietary Supplement Mfr
Join Marlyn Nutraceuticals, an over 60 year old company and experienced manufacturer of innovative dietary supplements. Ideal person, can without much direction, assist with the purchasing of raw materials and packaging materials needed for processing of dietary supplement formulas of solid dose tablets, capsules and functional food powders. As our Assistant Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager, you will be working closely with management (President, Controller and Scheduling Manager). Therefore, this requires you to be ambitious, analytical, hard-working and very detailed oriented.
Assisting purchasing/scheduling and management with:
- Assist in assuring service goals, turns, inventory levels as set forth by management.
- Assist with purchase order processing.
- Assist with the ordering.
- Follow-up with suppliers.
- Updating POs as necessary.
- Assist scheduling department with resolving product shortages, damages, short and miss-shipments.
- Ongoing maintenance and refinement of inventory via Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist identifying inventory issues.
- Assist in maintaining inventory levels as set forth by management.
- Identify new vendors for bulk ingredients - dietary nutrients, food ingredients, vitamins and botanicals.
- Help to resolve supplier availability issues and capacity constraints.
- Collaborate with our production scheduler, formulation group and management.
- Help assure suppliers have confirmed shipping dates.
- Help open new supply sources to deliver ongoing efficiencies.
- Help to analyze and improve suppliers' delivery performance.
- Check suppliers for compliance issues, such as late, wrong and/or short deliveries.
- Work with our various vendors and correspond with the suppliers.
- Coordinate with production to schedule on-time delivery.
- Ablility to navigate and search supplier websites / portals
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Ability to prioritize and organize job tasks and requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with Marlyn's team associates, vendors and distributors
- Mathematical / analytical skills
- Experience in a manufacturing
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in Excel
- Fast learner
- Chemistry knowledge a plus
Since 1948, Marlyn Nutraceuticals has been improving consumers' quality of life and enhancing their wellness with green and respected dietary formulas. We are widely recognized in the USA and Asia for Marlyn's Hep-Forte softgel formula and for our immune benefitting effervescent formulas; packaged in innovative blisters, pouches, stick-packs, bottles and tubes that meet the changing habits of today's consumers. Together with Marlyn's green manufacturing philosophy, which guide every decision and accomplishment on our team, we not only thrive to improve quality of life but also make a difference for our planet. In the same manner, we passionately believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Marlyn offers you not only an opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to the environment and its people, but also offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages. We offer paid holidays, vacation, sick time, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match as well as gift cards and luncheons/parties before major holidays. A wide-range of benefit choices includes options for medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance plans, legal plans and pet insurance.
Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:21:48 PDT