Fiber Optics Quality/Manufacturing Engineer
The Fiber Optic Quality Engineer works with Technical Staff within Fiber Marketing, Documentation Control, Manufacturing, and Manufacturing Engineering to successfully launch and sustain world class quality. This position must document a quality plan and obtain buy-in from the entire organization to follow/execute the plan. The Fiber Optic Quality Engineer is the owner, facilitator, and enforcer of the Fiber Optic Quality Plan.
- Executes the quality plan in stages of product development, prototyping, testing, customer evaluation, supplier development, engineering release, first article, and handoff to Manufacturing/Assembly.
- Reports to Quality Manager and assists in maintaining the effectiveness of the Channell Quality Management System and supports continued certification of ISO 9001:2008 and TL9000.
- Oversee Manufacturing Process Auditing and Metrics
- Oversee maintenance/completeness of product documentation in the form of bills of material, work instructions, and specifications.
- Root cause analysis and root cause correction.
- Participate in team meetings and design review meetings.
- Maintains a plan track, project track, and documentation track.
- Interfaces with sales/marketing team, sales management, development, document control, and senior management.
- Works with Manufacturing to build quality awareness throughout Product Line.
- Uses quality metrics within Fiber Assembly to develop an action plan for preventative action.
- Business travel to Mexico and Texas as required.
- Bachelor's of Science in Engineering (BSME, BSEE, BSEL, BSCE) or equivalent experience.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2000 certification
- Must speak Spanish proficiently.
- Seven or more years experience in a Plastics Molding/Assembly environment where the job emphasis was in Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Fiber Optic product knowledge and application experience.
- Experience in product development and manufacturing release
- Experience in assembly operations
- Experience with Engineering Documentation released to Manufacturing
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques and metric development/use
- Demonstrated auditing and problem solving skills.
- Ability to train and mentor others
- Good organizational skills, superior time management, and effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Comfortable in a rapid paced "when the job is done it's done" environment.
- Comfortable in a challenging customer focused and results focused environment.
- Must be comfortable in a customer focused, results driven environment.
Founded by the Channell family in 1922, Channell Commercial is a global designer and manufacturer of equipment supplied to telephone companies and cable television network operators. Major product lines include a complete line of thermoplastic and metal fabricated enclosures, advanced copper termination and connection products, fiber optic cable management systems and heat shrink products. Channell Commercial resides in Temecula, California and is expanding manufacturing operations in Rockwall Texas.
Sat, 1 Jul 2017 08:04:23 PDT