Communications Firmware Engineer (IoT)
Looking for a serious challenge? Seeking a serious opportunity to gain vital industry experience in a growing technology company? Are you serious about unleashing your creative talent and seeing real results turn into awesome products? We are Serious Integrated and we provide a culture of creativity, problem solving, recognition and results.
We are seeking creative and innovative problem solvers that can thrive in a team environment and work with our customers in getting the results they need. This position will be responsible for maintaining complex and broad code repositories along with developing new firmware applications across our product line. This candidate would have worked on small teams (1 to 5 engineers) developing real-time embedded code for products with advanced MCU's.
What we're looking for candidates to have:
- Advanced embedded 'C' firmware coding experience that includes device drivers, RTOS applications, communications, debugging, qualifying and production manage code repositories along with production release packages.
- Advanced systems communications development, including inter-systems com links, serial bus protocols and internet based communications, including sockets and HTTPS. CoAP and MQTT cloud applications a plus.
- Strong knowledge and deployment experience of end-to-end security protocols.
- Bootloader design and development experience, including secure boot mechanisms. Over the air (OTA) update experience a plus.
- Core code based management and configuration for multi-platform targets.
- Strong understanding of debugging tools, hard and soft, for verification at different levels of complexity.
- Experience in various development methodologies, including Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.
- Process knowledge and understanding of version control, phase management and issue tracking.
- Multidisciplinary team experience that includes product marketing, prototyping, design to manufacture.
- Experience with customer relations and co-development.
- BSEE, BSCE, BSME, BSCS or Bachelors of Science in Mathematics and/or Computer Science; Master's Degree a plus
- Seven (7) plus years' experience coding embedded 'C' on bare-metal and real-time operating systems
- Excellence and clarity in written and oral communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills for internal team development, customer interaction and support skills
- Disciplined and creative mindset to deliver industry-leading results
- Up to 15% travel to customer sites in the US is expected. No significant lifting/standing or physically demanding tasks anticipated.
- This job is located at our Chandler, Arizona headquarters. No remote workers and no relocation funds are approved for this position
- The right candidate will be interviewed promptly. If a good match, be prepared to start immediately! Providing a cover letter summary of your work accomplishments and career goals is highly recommended!
- No recruiters or outside solicitations
Serious Integrated transforms industrial/commercial products into interactive industry-leading devices unleashing IoT opportunities for Original Equipment Manufacturers. Leveraging Serious' hardware and software technologies, OEMs deliver the complete human-machine experience - HMI to Cloud. Partnering with Serious, OEMs achieve their digital economy evolution faster than imaginable with substantially less effort. A privately held Arizona-based corporation, Serious is a McRock Capital portfolio company.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including benefits and stock options -- everybody at Serious is an owner and driven to grow *our* company. Serious Integrated Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.
Sat, 1 Jul 2017 17:46:39 PDT