Safety and Risk Specialist
We are currently seeking a Risk and Treasury Specialist to add to our team. This position reports to the Corporate Treasury/Risk Manager. This is a non-exempt position.
- Manage and Coordinate safety program: Create, prepare and present safety training presentations and materials. Research online and community training resources. Maintain completed training records. Manage safety/risk calendar. Coordinate CPR/AED training for designated team members. Ensure that OSHA reporting and posting requirements are met. Coordinate Safety Committee matters such as preparing agenda/minutes for quarterly meetings and site inspections, follow up on action items. Post safety updates on ADP/bulletin boards, update content on Intranet. Assist with office evacuation drills/procedures.
- Coordinate Insurance Claims: Process incident/claim reports, notes, document investigations and corrective actions. Maintain accurate data pertaining to incidents and near misses. Follow up and report on claims status routinely to Risk Manager.
- Insurance Certificate Tracking: coordinate with vendors and subcontractors to obtain COIs, ensure current status and compliance in coordination with internal departments and team members, maintain accurate records.
- Assists with commercial insurance policy renewal applications, endorsement tracking, and maintains current policy schedules.
- Treasury Support: Process new credit applications, annual audit of open credit accounts. Audit expense reports. Credit card reconciliations/data entry. Assist with onboarding new ACH vendors, work with accounting team to notify vendors during testing process, and maintain accurate records with weekly updates to the accounting team. QuickBooks data entry.
- Administrative Support: Prepare/process annual/biennial corporate reports, minutes, maintain accurate records/calendars. Process license and permit renewal applications, maintain and update schedules. Communicate with team members regarding renewal statuses. Mail, filing, scanning. General/other administrative tasks as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of safety program coordination/risk administration experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Solid administrative experience, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of Federal and State OSHA safety laws and requirements.
- Strong listening and analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team members and stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Timely, accurate and organized. Detail oriented.
- Ability to develop and manage projects with minimal supervision.
- Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals and manage multiple priorities.
As we look forward to future growth, we are committed to providing our team members with tools they need to succeed, a challenging work environment, and the opportunity to make a contribution. We hand-pick our talent, as we value long-term partnerships with our team members. We offer a competitive benefits package, vacation, and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
West Development is a private management company with offices in Carlsbad, California and Omaha, Nebraska. The business serves as the corporate office for multiple entities owned by one family; two senior living companies, a gaming/entertainment company, two family investment teams, several non-profit organizations, as well as several hospitality focused businesses, including a fine-dining restaurant, casual dining restaurant, boutique hotel, and a premier gas station.
Sat, 1 Jul 2017 13:57:27 PDT