Senior GoLang Developer
If you like the programming language Go (Golang), GrayMeta is where you want to be!
Has substantial experience contributing to free software projects
Has experience with big data and distributed computing systems
Can work in a fast-paced startup environment
- 5+ years of software development experience 3+ years programing with Go
- You need to be a polyglot programmer, comfortable in both object oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- All our products run in cloud. So experience using AWS, Azure, Oracle and IBM cloud services is a plus.
- Comfortable working with both relational and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with video codecs and container formats, DRM technologies and CDN delivery is a plus.
- Develop clean, high quality code even when working on extremely hard problems.
- Need to be comfortable working with Linux and have a good understanding of OS internals.
- Self motivated, proactive and take ownership of issues.
- Thrive and excel in our diverse agile team environment.
A Few Fun-facts About Us
We deploy our applications to production on average 20 times per day
We have over 250 private repositories in Github, ranging from forks of gems, our own internal gems as well as auxiliary applications.
We have servers on AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud and our own private physical servers, we're all about "best tool for the job"
Our team is currently dealing with massive data harvesting challenges and narrowing down on the most meaningful way to display that data to our clients.
We follow as Test Driven Development model and own quality as a team.
Yes we are agile, but more importantly we follow a Customer Driven Development model where we research the customer pain points, design solutions, validate those concepts with our customers and do it all over again until we get it right. Expect to work directly with our UX Designer, Product Manager and customers on a daily basis.
We believe in empowering the team to make decisions and to own the outcome. You will be expected to have a voice and a perspective, openly challenge ideas and concepts and to bring creative solutions problems.
GrayMeta was founded by a team of metadata and industry experts alongside cutting edge developers and technologists to solve one of the most foreboding problems every organization is facing; how do I save and make use of 100% of my data? Most people don't realize how much metadata is embedded in, or created alongside, their primary content. Even fewer people are aware of how much of this critical, monetizable data is being lost. The GrayMeta mission is to make Big Data as a Service (BDaaS) as simple and cost-effective as possible for organizations across all verticals by providing tools and services based on cutting-edge technology to help businesses organize, search, analyze, and monetize their file-based data.
Thousand Oaks, CA
Mon, 19 Jun 2017 13:51:36 PDT