Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for an allstar senior software engineer to join our development team. You will work to build out an entire ecosystem for our suite of B2B enterprise florist tools as well as create features and functionality for our online floral marketplace,BloomNation.com,with more than 3,000 florists across the country. As our team grows you will help to architect the future of technology for our company.
- Architect and implement solutions that cross both our premium sites and marketplace applications
- Aid in the implementation of APIs which will power our next generation application
- You are comfortable mentoring more junior developers.
- Work with product and engineering teams during agile lifecycle to deliver both engineering and product feature sets
- Advise on best practices and ensuring the highest quality of engineering solutions through code reviews
- Advanced knowledge of one programming language preferably PHP, but Ruby, Python, Go, Node.js are great too.
- Deep understanding of both relational (MySQL) and noSQL (mongodb) persistence layers
- Understanding of distributed caching using Redis or Memcached
- Comfortable working in a team using Git/Github and Jira.
- Experience working with AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, SNS, Route53)
- Succinct communicator with the ability to fully explain technical problems and their solutions
- An upbeat attitude - every problem has a solution
- A good blend of right and left brain - you're organized, but are also very much a people person, who can communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical people.
- A degree in Computer Science or other related field
Nice to Haves:
- An understanding of eCommerce software
- Experience with Magento or other eCommerce platform
- Experience with a search platform such as Solr or ElasticSeach
BloomNation is the Etsy for local florists.
Imagine if McDonald's was your only option for ordering food online. Ridiculous as the scenario may sound, it's exactly how the online floral industry operates today. The overwhelming bulk of online floral transactions go through a small handful of major "wire services" (FTD, 1800Flowers, Teleflora, etc.) that rolled up the floral industry in the early days of the internet by offering a generic set of bouquets, regardless of which florist fulfills the order. The problems are numerous: designs are lowest common denominator, florists receive only a small portion of what you pay & so must fulfill your order using their cheapest or dying flowers, the wire service middle man reduces accountability, and what you order is often not what you receive.
Enter BloomNation. We're able to provide consumers more unique bouquets, better value for your money, and higher quality flowers by bringing local artisan florists online. The opportunity we're pursuing is very rare: a huge badly broken market and a solution for which the industry is clamoring. Our marketplace makes the experience better for both consumers and local florists. Finances aside, we make the world more unique & interesting while helping local businesses thrive.
Our team is backed by the best investors in the industry including Ronny Conway, Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.). We are still early enough that options matter... a lot... We are recruiting Silicon Beach's top talent as we rapidly scale up our still small (~35 person) team. Join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart & if you want to own and be a leader in your area of expertise. If you're passionate, energetic, and easy to work with you will thrive here.
BloomNation is an equal opportunity employer.
Santa Monica, CA
Sat, 1 Jul 2017 14:56:08 PDT