Commercial Construction Superintendent
The Project Superintendent is responsible for supervising field operations on small to medium size projects. The Project Superintendent will establish the safety culture on the jobsite and work closely with Project Manager to manage schedule, budget and subcontractors, vendors and suppliers to achieve profitable outcomes. The ability to create and maintain effective client, vendor, supplier, and sub-contractor relationships is critical.
- Review project plans and participate in project scheduling, logistics and safety planning.
- Understand, support and maintain project safety in accordance with Caliente Construction's Safety Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Supervise and effectively manage multiple trade contractors for commercial construction projects of varying scopes and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure the submittal review and approval system is accurate and timely.
- Ability to understand and ensure compliance with prime contract and subcontract terms and obligations
- Create "look ahead" schedules to update the master schedule
- Provide job site safety inspections, toolbox safety training
- Manage quality control including inspection of work, maintain "rolling" punch list, and coordinate inspections.
- Attend and participate in project owner's meeting and manage weekly trade meetings.
- Conduct review of as-built drawings to assure they are in compliance with the field record set.
- Ensure all required paperwork, including but not limited to daily logs, diaries, communication records, phone conversations, time cards, etc., are complete, accurate and filed in a timely manner
Education: A high school diploma is required. Industry related college degree is preferred.
Experience: Five years of project construction supervisory experience is required.
Skills: Ability to read and interpret construction documents; knowledge of construction methods and materials. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with ViewPoint, Bluebeam, and MS Project is preferred for this role.
- Strong leadership skills coupled with a positive attitude
- Organized, efficient with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to creating and maintain good relationships with clients is essential
- Verifiable record of long-term employment
Some travel may be required
Founded in 1991, Caliente Construction is dedicated in their search to find a team member who wants to be a difference maker. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented construction professionals to join our team. As a top-ranked Commercial General Contractor and family-owned business we offer a competitive salary, extensive benefits package, on-site gym, free fitness classes and a collaborative, family-focused, enjoyable and energetic work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sat, 1 Jul 2017 14:01:29 PDT