University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics
Section of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
Position #683817 - Requisition #09397
The University of Colorado, Department of Pediatrics is currently recruiting for a Section Head of Hospital Medicine. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing Section and Inpatient Medicine leadership, financial oversight the section, program administration and development, and faculty recruitment and mentoring for career advancement. This incumbent will also be responsible for patient care program outcomes, metrics, safety and supervision, development and enhancement of a strong broad based clinical and research environment, will be expected to support and develop clinical education, advocacy and contribute to the success of the Department of Pediatrics and the Children's Hospital Colorado. Collaboration with Hospital and Department of Pediatrics leadership regarding strategic and operational development of the Section of Hospital Medicine will be an integral component of this role.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Examples of Work Performed
- Section and Inpatient Medicine leadership and oversight
- Program administration and development in conjunction with Department and Hospital leadership
- Directing and strategically expanding patient care operations in the hospital section and the inpatient medical units
- Financial oversight of Hospital Medicine
- Establishing strong metrics and outcomes for clinical and academic performance
- Developing innovative clinical, educational and research programs to meet the future needs of children with illnesses requiring inpatient medical care
- Recruiting and developing faculty and interdisciplinary professionals to support the clinical and academic missions
- Oversight and leadership of fellowship program in conjunction with fellowship program director
- Supporting and developing successful and stainable broad research efforts in hospital medicine and multidisciplinary inpatient care
- Creating the future generation of pediatric inpatient medicine specialists
- Building and maintaining partnerships with affiliate institutions, community organizations within the state as well as national organizations.
- Oversee departmental compliance with regulatory requirements
- Oversee all clinical, academic, and research-related activities for the Section of Hospital Medicine
- Patient care program outcomes, metrics, safety and supervision
- Development and enhancement of a strong broad based clinical and research environment
- Collaborate with Hospital and Department of Pediatrics leadership regarding strategic and operational development of the Section of Hospital Medicine
Salary and Benefits: The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive accomplishments
- Proven administrative experience in the field of Hospital medicine
- Candidate will be required to submit to and pass the following: Background Check (including Sex Offender Registry) and a Financial Credit Check prior to hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven administrative and leadership abilities
- Excellent clinical skills
- Strong commitment to research and scholarly activity
- Strong commitment to education
- National and international reputation in hospital medicine
- Sustained clinical experience in pediatric hospital medicine
- Demonstrated leadership and accomplishments in complex organizational environments
- Documented vision and success in building clinical, scholarly and educational programs
- Excellent communication skills to interface with learners, faculty, health care teams, administrators, community organizations and donors.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Lalit.Bajaj@childrenscolorado.org
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09397
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21566 - SOM-PEDS HospMed-GenOps
Posting Date: May 3, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lalit Bajaj
Posting Contact Email: Lalit.Bajaj@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00683817