Ayass Bioscience is searching for a full-time technician that will support the research done at Ayass Bioscience. Qualified candidate must be capable of performing routine research laboratory work such as cell culture, western blotting, real time PCR. This position requires good technical skills, attention to detail, the ability to manage time appropriately, and good verbal/written communication skills. When hired, the new technician will undergo thorough training to operate the laboratory equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Function as the primary resource for analysis of tests.
• Perform laboratory experimentation including DNA, RNA and protein extractions, and molecular biology procedures (e.g., cloning PCR, RT-PCR, DNA and RNA quantification).
• Perform aseptic techniques for culturing cells which require sterile work area, sterile reagents and media, and sterile handling.
• Provide timely and accurate test results.
• Perform specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient results.
• Confirm abnormal results, verify quality control procedures, and develop solutions to problems concerning the generation of laboratory data.
• Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies, documenting all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations.
• Adheres to the laboratory's equipment maintenance policies: perform preventative and corrective maintenance, identify sources for repair and document all maintenance procedures.
• Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in biology or biochemistry with at least 1 year of relevant laboratory experience. Master's degree in the above mentioned fields is a plus.
- Experience with human tissue handling and storage and nucleic acid and protein extractions.
Our lab is diagnostic medical laboratory specialized in autoimmune diseases , coagulation abnormalities , immunology , allergy, toxicology and pharmaco-genomic and next generation sequencing testing.
Fri, 30 Jun 2017 07:55:32 PDT