Tutor I-V - Mathematics - Hourly
General Statement of Job
To provide support to students through the provision of individual and/or group tutorial services.
PLEASE NOTE: Hourly rates for this position vary from $11.50/hour to $17.50/hour depending on education and experience and level needed for this position.
Location Elgin Campus Hours 19 hours per week or less. Salary $11.50/hr FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Interim Supervisor, Learning Lab Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Tutoring techniques, standards, and supplemental learning materials for individual and group tutoring.
- Learning Lab services.
- Processes and resources for organizing and leading study groups.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact, patience, and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Understanding and following instructions precisely.
- Providing quality tutorial services to groups and individuals and providing feedback regarding student performance and/or progress.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including students, fellow tutors, and faculty.
- Maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes good relations with students, co-workers, and staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
Required Work Experience
- For all Tutor levels: one semester related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Tutor I: Some college course work in the discipline.
- Tutor II and III: At least one year related experience to the discipline.
- Tutor IV: Significant related work experience and expertise in discipline.
- Tutor V: Significant experience and expertise or related experience and expertise for difficult-to-fill or very specialized discipline.
- Degree or substantial undergraduate coursework in the discipline, and demonstrated competence in the subjects that will be tutored.
- Tutor I: Associate degree.
- Tutor II: Associate degree in the discipline or related field.
- Tutor III: Associate degree or Bachelor's degree in discipline or related field.
- Tutor IV: Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in discipline or related field.
- Tutor V: Appropriate degree in specialized area.
- Work is performed in a learning lab environment on campus in an academic setting.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.