Health Data Analyst
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
The Division of Biomedical Informatics and Personalized Medicine
Health Data Analyst
Position # 00732106 - Requisition 08713
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
To succeed in our mission, our customers must be able to depend on the quality and accuracy of the data we provide. Therefore, the Health Data Analyst is an essential member of our strong, highly collaborative team, helping ensure we deliver accurate, reliable data and bring a strong understanding of clinical data and/or clinical research to the Compass Team. The Health Data Analyst will work with End Users (e.g. Physicians, Researchers, Hospital Administrators), healthcare analysts, and other technical personnel throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle and serve as a critical contact on data through the data warehouse integration process. In addition, this role is responsible for documenting and implementing data definitions, business and technical rules, and monitoring and auditing data quality for data sets that are created.
Salary and Benefits:
The approved salary range for this position begins at $75,000 up to an approved limit and will be commensurate with experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A Master's degree in research or healthcare related field and two (2) years of healthcare or clinical research related training experience (e.g. Clinical Research Coordinator, clinical trial data analyst, data analyst, etc.)
- At least two (2) years experience working with any healthcare data, such as data profiling, data quality, data analysis/reporting.
- Demonstrated success working in an integrated environment and working within a cross-functional team, including outstanding written and verbal communication, documentation, and presentation.
- Experience working with a Healthcare Electronic Medical Record system's data model, minimum of 1 year.
- Experience with healthcare data warehouses.
- Experience writing reports using healthcare data against data warehouse like Epic Clarity or Caboodle.
- SQL skills for querying data
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Strong scientific and analytical skills, critical thinking, attention to detail and accuracy, and strong customer service skills.
- Manage data profiling and data mapping documentation; strong ability to communicate with development teams throughout SDLC lifecycle, including support of BI dashboards and reports development, and data analytics.
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries, update documentation of logical and physical data models to ensure data integrity is maintained
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Donna Brown at Donna.Brown@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 21538 - ADM-VCHA-BIPM Compass
Posting Date: Aug 15, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Donna Brown
Posting Contact Email: Donna.Brown@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00732106