IT Service Management Program Manager
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
IT Service Management Program Manager
Position #733163 - Requisition #09424
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Information Technology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) IT Service Management Program Manager Position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver and Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners. Through our six core values - Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE) - we make a difference.
The IT Service Management (ITSM) Program Manager is responsible for leading the ITSM Program in the Office of Information Technology at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus. This role manages all aspects of the IT Service Management program, including developing and executing on the program roadmap, identifying continuous improvement projects, and maturing the overall service delivery capability. The ITSM Program Manager works closely with the IT Service Management Board, Service Owners and the CIO providing status reports and escalating issues as required.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Supports IT Service Management in the areas of incident, problem and change management as well as request fulfillment. Also supports service level management and the service catalog.
- Works closely with team members, customers, colleagues, vendors, and other stakeholders to continually improve performance and increase efficiencies.
- Oversees the annual strategic review of services as well as the regular review of IT Service Management process and procedures.
- Provides ITSM leadership and expertise, coaching staff as needed.
- Provides expertise and "best practice" guidance on process and service design.
- Sets direction and reviews key program deliverables for quality.
- Monitors process adoption and maturity levels for key service management processes.
- Creates a transparent reporting process to foster accountability and service culture.
- Advises the IT Service Management Board and CIO of progress against program goals and objectives.
- Measures program effectiveness and adjusts roadmap as necessary.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $ 70,000 to $80,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 1-2 years experience related to IT Service Management, IT Project Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification.
- Working knowledge/understanding of Lean IT and/or agile practices
- Experience developing Technical or Business Services, Metrics, Dashboards, SLOs, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to lead effective meetings, track tasks and issues and coordinate documentation.
- General knowledge of all aspects of information technology, procedures and the enforcement of practices.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, mediate issues, develop solutions, and implement a course of action including demonstrated ability to facilitate conflict resolution and negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with end users, team members, co-workers, vendors and management.
- Must be highly organized and have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to take direction from others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- General knowledge in Cloud computing tools, technologies and practices.
- Requires working understanding of IT Service Management (Incident, Problem, Change, Request Fulfillment, Service Level Management and Service Catalog).
- Must be able to work independently, self-motivated with excellent time management and planning capabilities.
- Must be able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: May 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00733163