WEB APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
WEB APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
SON-FACULTY AND STAFF
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS and Android platforms
- Develop production-ready application features end-to-end in accordance with departmental coding standards.
- Modify and maintain applications to include implementation, revisions, bug-fixes, and continued operations of same; prepare estimates of time and resources required for feature delivery.
- Prepare and maintain documentation on implementation and continuing operation of applications
- Test and debug new apps to verify their accuracy and completeness; maintain and revise existing apps to ensure operating proficiency or to adapt apps to new requirements.
- Assist in developing specifications to include system narratives, use case analysis, UML diagrams and such other documentation as deemed necessary by management for the successful completion of a given project.
- Contribute to the definition of coding standards.
- Assist with technical activity in conjunction with service providers, in particular hosting.
- Adhere to production and development schedules, based on the advice of the Team Manager.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Provide programming support for the development and implementation of mobile and web data collection systems.
- Create, and test new data collection systems, including data aggregation, analysis, and reporting using open source programs.
- Ensuring that the data systems are in compliance with standard security practices.
- Testing device compatibility with data collection instruments including battery life, GPS accuracy, camera, and other peripherals.
- Training and supporting staff and partners.
- The core disciplines of online development, technology & infrastructure. Emerging web technology and devices.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Work requires a Bachelor's degree in mathematics or computer science or a computer-related field or equivalent coursework or technical training.
- requires 5 years of web application development experience OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High level proficiency with Angular and/or React.
- Understanding of database design and SQL.
- Experience with NativeScript or ReactNative.
- Agile development.
- Node Passport.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
1824 WEB APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science or equivalent coursework or technical training.
Work requires five years of related programming or analytical experience with knowledge of several computer languages or programs and/or knowledge of the specialty area for which the position is providing support.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.