ORI Project Manager
ORI Project Manager
Vice Dean Res Informtcs
Job Title: ORI Project Manager
The IT Project Manager is a key member within the Clinical Data Research (CDRN) team, and will guide the timeline of complex project(s); making sure that the project meets established deadlines, budget constraints and completion of scope of work to the approval of the business owner. This position will report to the Associate Director, Clinical Data Research Networks in the Office of Research Informatics.
This is a 2 year term limited position. Continuation of the position will be determined at the end of the 2 years.
Project Planning/Schedule, Scope Management & Resource Management
- PM is responsible for driving the project schedule and managing the scope of the project to ensure the project meets the needs of the business owners and will delivery on time and on budget.
- PM is responsible for resource management for the project; identifying the need and capacity of the resources on the project and balancing those with the project scope. PM coordinates resource requests with the functional manager.
- PM will lead meetings to ensure communication with the project team and among the project stakeholders. PM will follow-up on actions items assigned at meetings to ensure clarity of due date and assignment.
- Develop project plans in accordance with the ORI Gate Process. Using Smartsheet and in accordance with ORI best practices, the PM is responsible for maintaining the current status of the overall project and specific tasks and milestones identified during the planning phase of the gate process. Daily and weekly tasks are tracked by the project team to ensure that project milestones and deliverables are not in jeopardy and monitored by the PM. Risks are escalated per the project charter to the stakeholders, leadership and the governance committee.
- PM will create project charter, maintain project plan in Smartsheet, update risk matrix and issue logs, and manage the change control log for the project.
- PM is responsible for ensuring that the timeline is the foundation for the weekly planning of assignments and the prioritization of tasks. Project team, collectively, assigns weekly tasks in the planning meeting and the PM is to ensure that scheduled milestones and deliverables, especially those on the critical path, are accounted for in the planning. The PM has the authority to reprioritize and communicates to the PM for updating the plan and schedule.
Risk Management/Issue Escalation
- PM is responsible for identifying risks that will affect the project and its delivery.
- In the planning stage of the Gate Process; then throughout the course of the project, the PM is responsible for documenting issues and rising those to the PDM with suggested course of action.
- PM will manage the risk matrix is escalate to whom and when is appropriate. PM must track issues that will affect individual deliverables or milestones as well as any on the critical path that threaten the overall product delivery date.
- During team meetings, the PM will delve into the root cause of issues that may threaten the project or any critical path task that can cause delays or rise any that require additional analysis or decisions.
- PM monitors the overall health and status of the project. He/she will provide weekly status updates to the wiki and at the project meetings.
- May assist business owner, Product Manager, and/or Business Manager with establishing a project budget and managing actual expenses to budget, including documenting budget changes and approvals. PM will help to identify resource deficits that could impact the project health PM will identify appropriate time/place of adding and removing resources from the project to ensure efficient and effective resourcing on the project.
Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field or four years related technical experience is required.
Required: Three years of related IT project management or IT system implementation experience is required.
Required: Office software including Powerpoint, project management and dashboard applications
Preferred: 2-3 years experience in health data analysis; advanced degree in computer science or math, public health, business administration, or health policy and administration
· Data management and analysis
· Workflow/business process analysis and mapping
· Delegation & management
· IT systems implementation planning
· Scheduling & strategy
· Risk Management & remediation
· Experienced in SDLC
The information above describes the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of position incumbents.
2426 ANALYST, IT, SR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.