Administrative Assistant III
University of Delaware
Job Title Administrative Assistant III
Job ID 104753
Location Newark, DE
Administrative Assistant; Division of Professional and Continuing Studies
PAY GRADE: 27N
DEADLINE: July 16, 2017
CONTEXT OF THE JOB: Under limited supervision of the Program Coordinator this position manages diverse and complex tasks that are time-sensitive and support the operational and administrative functions of professional non-credit programs and conferences. This position provides data analysis, database support, and event planning logistics. This position performs independent review of professional application compliance. This position has responsibility for knowledge of University of Delaware policies and procedures and non-credit certificate program processes.
• Update noncredit courses in the Learning Management System for upcoming terms.
• Trouble shoot online courses with students and instructors.
• Ensure compliance of specific guidelines of complex professional credit applications.
• Prepare reports, graphs and spreadsheets to analyze data of programs and conferences.
• Process faculty payroll and create ad hoc UD Time reports.
• Coordinate and/or manage event planning and logistics for noncredit conferences and events.
• Provide administrative support to students, faculty, instructors, and program coordinators for noncredit programming.
• Reconcile, allocate and track purchases for procard and Works system.
• Collaborate with internal and external vendors to prepare program materials.
• Initiate contracts, purchase orders, and other standard University financial forms.
• Moderate and attend bi-annual professional development information sessions.
• Provide back-up support for other Professional Development team members on an as-needed basis.
• Serve in the divisional and/or university committees, as assigned.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by manager.
• Adhere to University of Delaware standards, policies and procedures.
• Associate's degree required, bachelor's degree preferred in business administration or related field and three to five years of experience. Additional administrative training or related education may be substituted for required experience.
• Experience setting up courses/conferences in an enrollment management system.
• Knowledge of UD's guest management system for non-credit programming.
• Proficiency in Canvas and providing online support preferred.
• Proficiency in current Microsoft Office and survey software (Qualtrix, Survey Monkey, etc.).
• Knowledge of Zoom webinar software.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently, in a time-sensitive, thorough, detail-oriented and well-organized manner.
• Strong knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Ability to work as a member of the Professional Development team.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and problem solve.
• Interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
• Experience in an institute of higher education preferred.
• Familiarity with process improvement techniques.
• Event/Conference experience preferred.
• Work weekends, evenings and travel to regional event locations as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html