Vice Dean Research Informatics
Manage the implementation, maintenance and support of information systems, data processing systems and procedures for the School of Medicine, DHTS and Duke Translational Medicine Institute. Systems include clinical research applications, databases, application development, system implementation, and user support throughout the department; interface and coordinate with internal and external constituents to meet system objectives.
- Manage support positions involved in applications development, database management, system implementation, and user support services involved in meeting administrative, research and operational needs.
- Manage various personnel actions including, but not limited to hiring, work assignments, performance appraisals, promotions, vacation schedules and disciplinary actions. Implement strategies and programs to optimize satisfaction and morale. Establish systems and accountability for maintaining clearly defined job descriptions. Develop and monitor forecasts regarding workload volume and make recommendations.
- Develop and implement workflow and operational processes. Develop appropriate operational plans. Monitor progress and performance of clinical research and operational projects to ensure compliance. Ensure that SOP's are developed and complied for all operational activities. Represent the functional group in internal compliance audits, sponsor audits, and regulation audits.
- Ensure optimum system performance. Conduct system studies to evaluate electronic data processing needs. Recommend the procurement of additional computer equipment. Analyze user needs and establish policies and procedures for modifying clinical research systems. Provide current information to users regarding systems procedures. Participate in planning for future needs. Identify operational problems. Establish and oversee appropriate quality control activities.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of new applications or enhancements to clinical research systems. Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Design and adhere to organizational policies and procedures and follow all change control processes.
- Maintain liaison with representatives of other University data processing operations to establish and maintain appropriate interface or exchange of data with existing or planned systems.
- Provide consultation and assistance to Information Technology Management in developing goals, objectives, and strategic plans. Keep abreast with emerging developments and trends. Provide operational guidance and support.
- Provide input in the development and use of cost standards. Prepare budgetary forecasts for operating expenses.
2425 MANAGER, IT
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
Preferred: Master's degree in a technical field is desirable, but not required.
Five years of directly related experience is required.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.