Engagement Specialist, (University Educational Assistant 1) LIMITED TO UCONN EMPLOYEES ONLY
Job Title: Engagement Specialist, (University Educational Assistant 1) LIMITED TO UCONN EMPLOYEES ONLY
Job ID: 2017673
Location: Storrs Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
LIMITED TO CURRENT UCONN EMPLOYEES ONLY
Under the general supervision of the President's Chief of Staff, this position independently provides a wide range of administrative and engagement services, requiring an advanced level of accountability, problem-solving and a thorough understanding of University operations. The position also preserves the confidentiality of administration by exercising discretion in performing assigned responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates a wide range of administrative functions for the President, including arranging special events, donor relations, and meeting preparation.
- Serves as a liaison between the President and other University administrators, members of the Board of Trustees, public and private officials, various boards, faculty, staff, students and others served by the University.
- Facilitates the success of events hosted by the President or the University (on-campus or off-campus) by independently exercising discretion based on the understood preferences of the President and the incumbent's understanding of the event outcomes and social cues.
- Manages event logistics for certain designated events, including transportation, security, venue selection, catering, dcor, seating plans, event agenda/itinerary, event staffing, entertainment, gifts, guest list, invitations, etc. and makes independent adjustments as needed.
- Greets and entertains guests at selected President's events; serves as a confidential resource to the President on attendees.
- Acts as the primary liaison and contact between the President's office and the Foundation.
- Responsible for the efficient utilization of the President's time through development and coordination of a complex calendar of appointments, meetings, social engagements, and University and community functions with individuals and groups.
- Responsible for all travel planning, arranging and coordination of travel for the President for complex, high-profile events. Travel planning includes setting transportation, security, room reservations, meals, social activities, development of itineraries and agendas, etc.
- Provides administrative oversight on behalf of the President for high-profile recruitment efforts.
- Serves as a website/technology coordinator for the President's Office. Tasks may include: develops, updates, maintains, and troubleshoots minor technical issues with regards to website content; decides on website layout design, content categorizations, and navigation; and provides basic level technical support to President's Office staff, to include website navigation, desktop support, troubleshooting general software issues, etc.
- Develops, communicates, manages, and distributes sensitive and confidential information related to collective bargaining and/or other sensitive matters.
- Independently coordinates committees, prepares confidential correspondence and updates reports.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree with five years' experience in an executive office support position; OR equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to deal effectively with internal and external constituents, such as alumni and donors.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to resolve problems efficiently, effectively and independently.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of most Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience providing computer technical support.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Five years experience working with donors and/or supporting executive level coordinating donor events.
This is a full time, 12 month position.
Applicants must be currently employed at the University of Connecticut. Please apply through UConn Jobs and upload a resume, cover letter, and list of three references with contact information. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2017673)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on July 17, 2017.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.