Casual Hourly - Research Specialist
Requisition # 2017-7722
Department Health Services
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 6/30/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Temporary
Application Deadline 7/30/2017
The Research Specialist participates in a 4 month (possibly 24 month) study assessing clinical measures of concussion in men's and women's varsity athletes. The primary focus of the research is to prospectively assess the natural history of concussion in male and female athletes using clinical measures including symptoms, cognitive function and postural stability and psychological health. Assessments will be made at baseline, and at specific time intervals post-injury.
Clinical Care (40%)
- Aides in baseline and post-injury clinical assessments
- Performs sideline concussion assessment testing, and administers neuropsychological testing utilizing clinical measures including symptoms, cognitive function, postural stability, and psychological health.
Administrative Support (60%)
- Helps with recruitment of varsity men and women varsity athletes
- Describes study design to athletes and other interested parties
- Enters data into a secure database
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in psychology, health sciences, kinesiology, neuroscience, biomechanics or a related field
- Experience conducting behavioral research
- Experience in any of the research assessments (e.g. neuropsychological testing, clinical assessments)
- Have an interest in concussion research
- CPR and AED certification
- Familiarity with statistics and experience with programming in Matlab or similar software
Be advised that you will only be contacted if there is further interest in your application. The candidate dashboard will not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.