Sr. Application Administrator
The Senior Application Administrator provides a leadership role in delivering advanced technical services in the support, analysis, design and development of client system and division support applications. This position serves as a technical lead and mentor to support vendor delivered as well as in-house developed technologies to improve the delivery of supported services to students, faculty and staff. The Senior Application Administrator will also perform proactive troubleshooting and data analysis in support of automating processes associated with administrative applications utilized throughout the college.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in a Computer or Management related area or equivalent combination of completed college-level classes and/or related technology certifications plus additional relevant work experience
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Highly motivated to work independently and effectively under pressure
- Knowledge and experience with software packaging tools such as Altiris Wise Package Studio, Flexera, Thin App
- Knowledge and experience with a scripting languages such as PowerShell
- Good understanding of hardware-independent imaging capabilities and best practice
- Extensive knowledge, experience and best practices utilizing Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Windows7/Windows8, including registry and file management
- Strong knowledge of desktop applications and how they integrate with operating systems and other applications
- Experience with database administration, query and report writing
- Project management experience
- Four years' experience administering client support applications such as Symantec's Altiris or Microsoft's SCCM, SEP, ITSM software
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in advanced enterprise application integration knowledge using the following technologies:
- Active Directory
- Windows-based Authentication, Basic Authentication
- Single Sign-on
- Minimum 3 years experience working with Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, or other relational database, email and Internet based applications.
- Experience supporting applications in a virtualized server environment.
- Two years' experience administering virtual desktop environment
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay
Hours per Week
Please submit resume and cover letter.