Functional Title Postdoctoral Fellow
Position Type Post-docs
The Center for Translational Biomedical Research (CTBR), located at the North Carolina Research Campus in Kannapolis, NC, conducts research on the molecular mechanisms of disease pathogenesis and identification of biomarkers for disease diagnosis.
We are looking for self-motivated Postdoctoral Researchers who will work on mass spectrometry-based omics projects, including development of measurement capabilities, discovery and validation of disease markers using both untargeted and targeted approaches.
- PhD in Chemistry or Life Sciences
- Fully trained in biological sample preparation from various sample matrices, chromatographic separations and biological mass spectrometry.
- Strong skills in data analysis of mass spectrometry data and biological interpretation of results.
- Applicant should be self-motivated, have critical thinking and independent working skills, possess sufficient communication skills, and the ability to work with others in a collaborative research environment.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a letter of application explaining their interest in the position, curriculum vitae, and the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of at least three (3) professional references.
These documents must be uploaded with your electronic application.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Translational Biomedical Research - 13403
Job Open Date 06/30/2017
For Best Consideration Date 07/17/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Temporary 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? Yes
Time Limited Duration
Appointment to last one (1) – two (2) years
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu