Clerical Assistant Financial Aid
Clerical Assistant – Financial Aid
College of the Sequoias
Description of Position
Under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid, the
Clerical Assistant will perform a variety of clerical duties in the Financial Aid department in the interpretation, application and modification of existing procedures and methods; type, file, maintain records and provide information and assistance regarding programs, procedures and activities of the department.
This position is primarily assigned to the Visalia Campus. May be required to assist at the Tulare and Hanford Centers as needed.
Candidates may be tested to determine whether or not they possess the ability to:
• Type at 40 correct words per minute from clear copy.
• Produce printed work using a word processor.
• Use correct English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
A testing date will be arranged for applicants. Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to:
• Graduation from high school and
• Formal computer training and
• One year of clerical experience
• Perform a variety of clerical duties in support of an assigned program or office; type, file, process mail, answer phones and maintain records as assigned.
• Maintain a variety of records, files and logs; sort, classify and post information and documents; prepare new file folders according to established guidelines.
• Type a wide variety of materials from rough drafts or oral instructions; distribute as appropriate.
• Compile and tabulate statistical data; compile information from various sources and prepare appropriate forms; list, abstract or summarize data.
• Review documents for accuracy, completeness so they conform to standards.
• Greet students, visitors and others, and provide information and assistance regarding programs, procedures and activities of assigned function or area; provide forms and assistance in their completion as appropriate.
• Utilize the District's integrated software in performing the required duties of the position.
• Operate a variety of office machines and equipment including copier, computer terminal, fax and telephone.
• Assist students with a variety of information and materials in support of an assigned program and general college information
• Receive, open and distribute mail. • Perform related duties as assigned.
• Office environment.
• Constant interruptions.
• Ability to communicate with students/public.
• Ability to read documents.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time.
• Ability to reach in all directions.
• Ability to lift moderately heavy objects
• Ability to operate a computer and office equipment.
Conditions of Employment
• Salary is at Range 22 ($15.14 hourly) Initial placement on step AA
• Salary increase after 6 months of satisfactory services; increases annually thereafter.
• Minimum 5% increase if promoted.
• 10-working month probationary period.
• Union membership upon employment.
• PERS Retirement.
Only complete application packages will be evaluated by a qualified screening committee as soon as possible after the closing date. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Application materials will be screened to determine the extent to which they meet the Representative Duties. A selected group of candidates will be invited for oral interviews. After initial interviews, finalists may be asked to return for a second interview.
All costs incurred as a result of the application/selection process shall be borne by the candidate.
Applicants must submit the following materials which must be received by Human Resource Services on or before the application deadline,
July 19, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
• Completed COS classified application form.
• Letter of Interest which addressing your interest in this
position and the representative duties
Human Resource Services
College of the Sequoias CCD 915 S. Mooney Blvd. Sequoia Building, Room 5 Visalia, CA 93277
Notice to all candidates for employment
"College of the Sequoias Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military service, or any other basis protected by law."
The District provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the job application and hiring process, please contact a representative from Human Resources at (559) 730-3867 to request a reasonable accommodation."