As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,200 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna's unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University's 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The Technical Assistant has a dual reporting structure that will report to the Registrar and Director of Cross-Cultural Programs. This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining systems that support key Registrar and Cross-Cultural Program initiatives. The position works closely with the Office of Information Technology to resolve issues and test patches for the university's enterprise data management system.
• Run processes: Class Level, Class Rank, Add and remove restrictions, set-up for Registration, etc.
• Assist with coding and writing rules for degree audit
• As a member of the Registrar's Office team, will be available to answer students' questions on deadlines, forms, and academic procedures
• Run Informer Reports: ad hoc reports, check on full-time/part-time enrollment and student type, overloads and maintain approvals where required
• Enter all late withdrawals and independent studies and assist with schedule entry/changes
• Assist with implementation and management of e-Transcripts
• Assist with implementation of, and management of Terra Dotta database and application system
• Advise students on application system
• Assist with implementation and management of SEVIS under Terra Dotta
• Enroll approved students in GO-prep, trip, and reflection sections
• Work with Office of Information Technology on Colleague and Terra Dotta monthly patches
• Contributes to the overall success of Office of Registrar, Office of Cross Cultural Programs and the university by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor's degree and 5 years relative experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Ability to use technology creatively; Knowledge of English language including meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar; Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology; Skilled at written and verbal communication in order to convey information effectively and as appropriate for the needs of the audience; Skilled at active listening in order to give full attention to what other people are saying; Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others; Ability to set priorities; Ability to work collaboratively with others as well as independently. Ability to work with multiple Microsoft applications, web-based learning management systems, and databases; Demonstrated ability to be attentive to detail.
Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force and a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Position requires the ability to talk and to hear instruction. Position requires manual dexterity and the ability to use fingers, hands, and arms to type, feel, handle, and reach. Position requires occasional stooping, crouching and bending. Working conditions are indoor.
Experience working with student information systems, Colleague and/or Terra Dotta preferred.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/1240