Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship
The successful candidate will have:
- A Ph.D. in Entrepreneurship or a related field, completed by September 1, 2018
- Proven excellence as a teacher and demonstrated potential for excellence as a researcher
- The ability to teach entrepreneurship-specific coursework
- A reputation of being collegial and a collaborative team member
One or more of the following are a plus:
- Practical experience, including startup experience, work experience within startups or family businesses, work experience in corporate entrepreneurship or innovation, work experience in regional economic development, or work experience in venture finance.
- Demonstrated track record of leading or supporting entrepreneurship center operations and co-curricular programming (pitch competitions, Startup Weekends, 1MillionCups, etc.)
- Experience mentoring entrepreneurship student groups (CEO, ENACTUS) or engaging in the leadership of regional and/or national entrepreneurship organizations (USASBE, GCEC, ICSB, ECSB, etc.)
Entrepreneurship at Rowan
The Rowan Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (RCIE) serves as an entrepreneurial catalyst to the entire Rowan community. RCIE leads Rowan’s Entrepreneurship Across the Campus initiative, the Faculty Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, a new venture accelerator, the entrepreneurship distinguished speaker series, and a plethora of other programs and resources to support Rowan students, faculty, and staff. The RCIE faculty consists of Dr. Eric Liguori (Rohrer Chair of Entrepreneurship and RCIE Executive Director), Dr. Linda Ross (Professor, RCB), Kimble Byrd, J.D. (Professor, RCB), Dr. Cheryl Bodner (Assistant Professor, Engineering), and Dr. Cory Hixson (Assistant Professor, Engineering), Dr. Mike Dominik (Temporary Assistant Professor, RCB).
Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 17,300 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
Applications should include the below listed items, assembled in the following order in a single PDF file: 1) cover letter summarizing qualifications and the applicant’s interest in the position, 2) current detailed CV, 3) statement of teaching interests (including the list of courses the applicant feels most qualified to teach, as well as teaching philosophy)[NN1] , 4) a statement of research interests (including applicant’s future research goals, and any plans for obtaining external funding needed to achieve those goals), and 5) names and contact information for three to five references. Please name the file as <LastName>_Application.pdf. Optionally, additional relevant documentation (e.g., student evaluations, copies of up to two relevant publications) may be submitted in an Appendix as a separate file, named <LastName>_Appendix.pdf. Applications are only accepted on line at URL: http://rowanuniversity.hodesiq.com/job-details.aspx?jobid=5473893
Questions can be directed to search committee co-chairs Eric Liguori (email@example.com) and Kimble Byrd (firstname.lastname@example.org). Members of the search committee will be onsite at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting Aug. 4-8, 2017 to meet with prospective applicants. Review of applications will begin on September 1, 2017, and remain open until filled.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.