Alumnae Relations and Annual Fund Administrative Assistant
Alumnae Relations and Annual Fund Administrative Assistant
About Mills College:
Located in the foothills of Oakland, California, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, Mills College is a nationally renowned independent liberal arts college for women with graduate programs for women and men. Since 1852, we've been empowering students to become creative, independent thinkers who take and inspire action. For more information, visit http://www.mills.edu/.
Reports to: Alumnae Relations and Annual Fund Director
The Alumnae Relations and Annual Fund Administrative Assistant provides administrative and program support to Alumnae Relations and Annual Fund programs. Under the direction of the Alumnae Relations and Annual Fund Director they will be the first point of contact for all alumnae and annual fund donor communications and provide a welcoming presence to visitors of Reinhardt Alumnae House. They are responsible for coordinating and producing email and print invitations to promote alumnae events, support production of annual fund appeals, and track event attendance. The Assistant will also manage the Class Secretary program and support student philanthropy on campus. The Assistant is part of the Alumnae Relations and Annual Fund team in Mills Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA).
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the primary receptionist for Reinhardt Alumnae House, including answering telephones, routing calls, relaying messages, distributing faxes and greeting guests.
- Manage Alumnae Relations and Annual Fund email accounts and respond to calls and requests that come through the Alumnae Relations, MCAF, and OIA main phone lines.
- In coordination with alumnae relations, stewardship, and communications staff, schedule all email campaigns promoting events and activities organized by Alumnae Relations, by regional clubs, or by affinity groups.
- Produce and copy-edit HTML email invitations and print invitations for these events.
- Post event listings on alumnae.mills.edu.
- Manage all aspects of the Class Secretary Program. Recruit and train volunteers; devise and implement schedule of activities, including the production, review and mailing of all Class Secretary communications.
- In coordination with the Alumnae Relations and Annual Fund Director bridge the work of Class Secretaries with Reunion planning activities.
- Manage event registrations and fee collection for all Alumnae Relations and stewardship events including Reunion weekend.
- Work with class advisors to support and coordinate student philanthropy activities on campus. Support the senior class gift campaign and coordinate fundraising activities with the senior class advisor.
- Review and track annual fund prospects, identify lapsed donors, and donors eligible for giving societies. Work with the Alumnae Relations and Annual Fund Director and Class agent/TOP Manager to filter prospects into the right solicitation path.
- Assist with the credit card declines process communicating with donors when their card has expired. Also assist in following up on past due pledge payments.
- Track alumnae updates and record confidential contact reports for constituents in Banner. Coordinate condolence letter process with the stewardship manager and maintenance of alumnae files, delegating administrative tasks to student workers.
- Manage all aspects of office duties, such as collecting and distributing mail, ordering supplies, acting as liaison for repairs, and organization of public space.
- Provide general administrative support to the Alumnae Relations and Annual Fund team as needed, including: assisting with travel and alumnae visit arrangements, preparing expense reports, coordinating meeting and event logistics; formatting, proofing & editing documents for mail projects, data entry for Banner, assisting with special projects, copying and filing.
- Supervise work study students, oversee their schedules, and manage workflow.
- Use a variety of office equipment such as personal computers and related software, printers, calculators, and copy machines.
- Work selected evenings and weekends to support campus events, including Reunion and Commencement Weekends
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Establish and maintain an effective customer service orientation towards all persons contacted during the course of job performance.
- Maintain safe work conditions and comply with established safety policies, practices, procedures, and requirements.
- Cross-train to learn other areas and functions in OIA.
- Perform related duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least two years of administrative experience, including experience gained as a volunteer or while a student.
- Demonstrated experience with producing email marketing campaigns and posting website content.
- Familiarity with basic HTML, inline CSS, and email marketing best practices and willingness to improve skills in these areas.
- Ability to judge the quality of visual design in online and email contexts, recognize design problems, and develop solutions
- Experience with balancing multiple projects effectively under tight deadlines, and ability to anticipate and react with flexibility to changes in deadlines and priorities.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Computer and word processing experience required.
- Willingness to travel locally and to work evenings and weekends.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Work primarily involves sitting for long hours and using office equipment
- Work occasionally requires bending to adjust or work with office equipment and calling hardware
- Work occasionally requires physical exertion such as lifting objects over 20 pounds
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Mills College compensation includes an excellent benefits package with medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance/403(b) retirement plan, 10 days vacation the first year, 12 sick days and 10 paid holidays annually. Staff members also receive free admission to campus events, use of the pool, fitness center, and tennis courts. Tuition remission is also available after an introductory period.
Mills College does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information on Mills non-discrimination policy, please go to http://www.mills.edu/administration/administrative_offices/policies/nondiscrimination.php
To apply, please visit http://mills.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=86299 and submit:
- Cover letter
- Mills application form and
- Contact information for three references.