Student Accounts Systems Specialist
Student Accounts Systems Specialist
University of San Francisco
Ensure efficient operation of Student Account Systems. Provide support in management of the Ellucian-Banner Accounts Receivable Module and all other peripheral systems, including analysis, design, testing and implementation.
• Manage and coordinate all end user functionality in the Ellucian-Banner Accounts Receivable Module. Testing all modifications, upgrades, new/upgraded third party interfaces (i.e. Blackboard/Cashnet, Conduent, Xtender, Form Fusion, Starrez, Aetna, etc). Project manager for implementation of new systems. Responsible for system set up for each upcoming term to insure accurate charging of tuition, housing, fees and exemptions as well as coordinating production maintenance of all systems. Identify problems and solutions related to Banner AR Module and assist in the coordination of staff training in relation to the Banner System. Modify rate tables for housing, meal plans and various Banner A/R components. Coordinate security for the A/R module and user access.
• Manage third party applications outside of Banner. Responsible for identifying and resolving any balance variances or other issues reatling to this process. Manage the Bank of America Remote Deposit (RDS) Online process and act as back up for cashier daily deposit entry. Contact for any issues related to RDS. Management and supervision of the Xtender document imaging process (scanning and indexing). Contact for troubleshooting all issues relating to this system. 1098T - responsible for updates and maintenance to our third party servicer. Management of all Cashnet upgrades and configuration to include but not limited to, payment plans, term set up, deposit set up, payment settings and communication settings. Responsible for Evisions/Form Fusion products. Assist in staff training of all necessary third party applications. Recommend systems enhancements and effectiveness.
• Ensure system processing and updating of tuition remission, auto checking deduction, meal plans, housing and miscellaneous charges to the A/R Banner system. Run weekly/daily fee assessments.
• Responsible for generating internal as well as external reports to various departments and committees on campus.
• Maintain procedures related to SFS Systems including all documentaion and dissemination to staff any changes or updates.
• Attend job related conferences, workshops, seminars and meetings to keep updated with regulations, procedures and technology relating to Student Financial Services.
Represent USF within the Student Accounts community and at professional organizations or associations. Help with the preparation and delivery of presentations, and serve on committees as required or needed. Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
• Minimum three years working in financial services department preferably in accounts receivable. University experience preferred. Excellent skills in customer service, time management, human resourcing and team building. Sufficient knowledge of accounting to maintain and develop statistical worksheets and databases.
• Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of: Student Information Systems, Banner or equivalent automated accounts receivable system. Working knowledge of accounts receivable fund accounting and general administrative procedures.
• Ability to analyze system problems and generate viable solutions. Identify systems enhancement opportunities and make recommendations to management. Ability to identify internal accounting weaknesses and make corrections. Convey financial information to other departments in an understandable manner. Ability to train and convey technical information. Work well with a diverse population of faculty, staff and students.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated computer skills to operate network desktop applications, computer peripherals. Perform mathematical computations and accounting procedures related to system development, with minimal assistance.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge in Windows 7, MS Office Suite, with emphasis in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SQL, and FTP. Experience in working with Banner Student Systems and Tableau to maintain and develop databases, worksheets, reports and reporting systems.
• Typically a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Computer/business emphasis preferred. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.