Academic Advisor II
Provide guidance and counseling to students in academic matters including the selection of courses, course prerequisites, etc.
The Academic Advisor in the WellStar College of Health and Human Services will work as part of a team that is responsible for providing academic advising to students in the college. The advisor will report to the Director, WellStar College Advising Center.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing academic advising services to students in the college/academic departments
- Utilizing predictive analytics and academic advising resources to make data-informed decisions that positively impact student success
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with faculty, staff and administrators within and across academic units
- Assisting students in the creation of short and long term curricular and co-curricular goals
- Communicate with students regarding academic difficulties they may be experiencing and support students who are on academic probation and/or dismissal
- Conferring with prospective and current transfer students
- Participating in ongoing professional development activities that enhance academic advising outcomes
- Facilitating recruitment and orientation activities for the College
- Representing the WellStar College on appropriate campus committees
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years experience.
- Previous work experience with Banner/INB and EAB software platforms.
- Work experience with Exercise Science, Human Services, Nursing, Public Health Education and Sport Management programs