Assistant Director of Compliance, UTC Athletics
Assistant Director of Compliance, UTC Athletics – Requisition # 17000000XQ
This position will assist the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance in all facets of NCAA athletics compliance for a Division I FCS athletics department. Responsibilities include:
- Office administration, education, monitoring and enforcement of NCAA, Southern Conference and University rules and policies.
- Managing student-athlete records in the applicable databases and coordinating with on campus offices in regards to students’ records (ex: Financial Aid, Registrar, Admissions, etc.)
- Rules education for student-athletes, coaches, athletics staff, university staff, representatives of athletics interests and fans.
- Researching and issuing interpretations of NCAA and Southern Conference rules and regulations.
- Preparing and filing reports, waivers and appeals to the appropriate governing bodies with the NCAA and Southern Conference.
- Coordinating and executing forms including but not limited to: contact evaluation forms, phone logs, declaration of season forms, and NCAA eligibility forms.
- Administering an institutional camp and clinic monitoring program
- Conducting the initial eligibility certification process for all incoming freshmen and transfer student-athletes, including oversight of all transcript review process.
- Preparing National Letters of Intent, Financial Aid agreements and assisting coaches with student-athlete recruitment needs.
Bachelor’s degree required. Practical experience, either employment, graduate assistantship or internship in a Division I intercollegiate compliance office preferred. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with experience providing legislative interpretations is required. Knowledge of NCAA Compliance Assistant (CA), LSDBi and recruiting software preferred. Must be able to work well with a diverse population of student-athletes and coaches in a team atmosphere.
Applicants must submit applications electronically through the UTC Career Site by visiting:
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.