Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
University of Redlands
POSITION CODE: 3820
MONTHS/HOURS: Full Time Administrative Position
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: June 23, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Director of Facilities Management maintains and improves the safety, health, environmental and regulatory compliance issues for the University community. Executes EH&S regulatory responsibilities for the University in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and legal precedence as mandated by the Federal, State, and local governing agencies.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides Environmental Health and Safety customer service to the campus community assisting with concerns, complaints and providing regulatory compliance.
• Provides specialty Environmental Health and Safety support for the Science Department; disseminates regulatory information, provides support such as hazardous waste shipping, inventory control, regulatory interpretation.
• Conducts faculty and staff training to ensure complete dissemination of information; assigns official EH&S functions i.e. Radiation Safety Officer, Bio-Safety Officer, Laser Safety Officer, Chemical Hygiene Officer and assists faculty in the understanding and execution of their role within the University setting.
• Provides training, including New Hire Safety Orientation, Hazard Communication, Faculty Orientation, Injury Illness Prevention Disaster Preparedness & Emergency Drills, CPR & First Aid, Cart Usage, Hazardous Materials, Hazardous Waste, Emergency Response & 1st Responder, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Protection, Bio-Safety, Radiation Safety, Laser Safety, Chemical Safety, etc.
• Documents all EH&S activity for audit purposes; interprets Fire/Life Safety regulations and develops formal protocol for compliance; develops campus policy and enforcement measures.
• Conducts ergonomic evaluations and training, compiles information, recommends corrective measures, reports summaries and findings, purposes ergonomic equipment selection and long term plans and programs for the University.
• Responds to Public Safety reports, injuries, accidents, and /or near misses, completes investigative report, initiates corrective actions, and ensues all activities are completed. Chairs the Campus Safety Committee.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
A Bachelor's degree is required. A minimum of three (3) years' experience in a similar position is required. Hazardous Materials Management Certification and/or specialized Haz Mat coursework is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. The successful candidate will possess independent judgment; collaborative leadership; excellent listening skills; writing and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously; strong problem-solving abilities. Successful candidate will have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases. A valid driver's license is required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff, in addition to external regulatory agencies including but not limited to OSHA, EPA, SCAQMD, San Bernardino County, and Redlands Fire Department. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER