Director of the Harlan Lincoln House
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking a Director for the Harlan-Lincoln House. This is a full-time, 12 month, staff position that includes the full Iowa Wesleyan benefit package.
The Director of the Harlan-Lincoln House will understand and appreciate the Harlan-Lincoln House to be a non-profit, permanent historical legacy, open to the public, which acquires, conserves, researches, communicates and exhibits the tangible and intangible heritage of the Abraham Lincoln and James Harlan families and their environment for purposes of education and enjoyment. The director will manage the day-to-day affairs of the House’s operations, programs and activities. In addition, this position will serve the university as the coordinator of the annual Founders Society campaign.
Required qualifications of this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree or extensive equivalency experience in the following or closely related fields: History, Business Administration, Education, Museum Studies, Public Administration or Advancement. Master’s degree preferred.
• At least three years of non-profit management or advancement experience.
• Available to work a flexible schedule, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours required.
• Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Social Media platforms.
• Excellent communication, public speaking, and writing skills.
• Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability in fundraising and grant writing
• Ability to inspire, lead and manage volunteers
• Ability to develop and implement long-range plans.