Administrative Assistant V (FT), CFRN20025RESDV
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Assistant Vice President of Advancement. This position is also responsible for planning and managing volunteer development meetings. The Administrative Assistant manages the operational functions of Institutional Advancement, including supply inventory and ordering, budget use and tracking, equipment maintenance, knowledge of the College purchasing system and an understanding of College forms, procedures and policies.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant V (FT), CFRN20025RESDV
Duties of Position:
- Maintain the Asst. Vice President's calendar, as well as the general Institutional Advancement calendar. Help prepare the AVP for meetings in a complete and professional manner by providing briefing reports and other meeting preparation documents, as needed.
- Serve as central point of contact for communication for Institutional Advancement with the College's internal and external communities regarding the work and activities of the Foundation. Provide information on Board and committee actions to public and staff on request.
- Schedule meetings and meeting rooms, develop menus and contract catering for meetings held on and off-campus.
- Record meeting minutes for both internal and external meetings as necessary
- Coordinate with appropriate staff to create and distribute meeting packets and materials in advance of meetings.
- Help create and ensure accuracy in the preparation of written materials, including PowerPoint presentations, proposals, charts and correspondence in support of the Assistant Vice President.
- Manage the preparation of documents, filling timely call reports and assisting with the flow of material and relationships through Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Exercise professional judgment to interpret and communicate policies and procedures to the Assistant Vice President.
- Manage business and operational functions of the Institutional Advancement Office. This includes greeting and routing guests, maintaining office supplies and equipment and updating the Institutional Advancement website.
- Make travel arrangements as needed; complete and submit expense reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EDUCATION: High School diploma
EXPERIENCE: One to three (1-3) years as an executive level secretary including proficiency in Microsoft Office. Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously including attention to detail and accuracy. Must be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills, goal oriented and experience in handling confidential matters with appropriate confidentiality.
EDUCATION: Associate's Degree.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Standard office equipment and software. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and Raiser's Edge are essential.
Primarily office environment; primarily sedentary in nature. Flexible work schedule is required including evening/weekend meetings and special events that occur outside the normal workday. Must be able to do light lifting for handling supplies and able to travel around to off campus meetings, events and deliveries.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Development & COD Foundation - RESDV
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt