Assistant Football Coach
Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 70 majors, where project-based learning, sustainability, and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on real-world problems, they learn how to think, not what to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
Our faculty is dedicated to teaching and the academic success of our students. Alfred State seeks educators who are student-centered and engage in the life of the College. Our tenure process emphasizes teaching and university service with a more flexible approach to scholarship and professional growth. For faculty interested in research, the college maintains a teacher-scholar program to support research including applied research that complements our emphasis in experiential learning, civic engagement and sustainability.
Location: Alfred, NY
Posted: Jun 29, '17
Type: Part-time Temporary
The Assistant Football Coach will assist the head coach and other assistant coaches in the sport of Football. This may include, but is not limited to, recruitment of prospective student-athletes, student-athlete development, competition preparation and strategy, adherence to NCAA rules and regulations, and general administrative duties. The Asst Coach will be evaluated by the Head Coach to the extent to which coaches are providing a positive meaningful educational experience for student-athletes leading to their graduation and the extent to which they are implementing a sport culture in which he/she is viewed by the student-athlete(s) as a mentor, educator and role model. The Asst Coach will also be responsible for supporting the philosophy, goals and Mission of the Asst Coach, the college and its Athletic program as well as adherence to departmental, college, and NCAA policies and procedures. Recruiting: The Asst Coach is responsible for the implementing a comprehensive plan that identifies, evaluates and recruits high quality student-athletes to Alfred State. This includes, but is not limited to, phone contacts, in-person evaluations, home visits and student-athlete visits to campus. The Asst Coach is responsible, as per NCAA rules, to maintain accurate records of all recruitment activities for himself/herself and any volunteer coaches.
- Team Preparation: The Asst Coach may assist in training, teaching and conditioning student-athletes in preparation for all intercollegiate contests.
- Student-Athlete Development: The Asst Coach will support an atmosphere and culture that is a reflection of the missions of both the Athletic Department and the College. A positive student-athlete experience, both on and off the field is a number one priority of the coaching staff and administration.
- Administrative Responsibilities: The Asst Coach is expected to abide by all administrative policies and procedures.
- NCAA Rules Compliance: The Asst Coach will be responsible for knowledge of, and adherence to, NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to recruiting, eligibility, and general operation of the Football program.
- Community Services: The Asst Coach will be expected to participate in community relation activities both as an individual and with student-athletes. This could include clinics, speaking engagements, and volunteer efforts with local organizations. The Asst Coach will also be strongly encouraged to participate in campus activities to promote the Football program and the Department of Athletics.
- Alumni Relations: The Asst Coach will be expected to establish and maintain a good relationship with the Football alumni. The Asst Coach may coordinate or assist as needed in various alumni activities and functions such as alumni games, College Alumni events, held on-campus and held in conjunction with away athletic contests.
Bachelor Degree. Football coaching experience at the collegiate level; an understanding of NCAA Rules Compliance is required. Experience with recruiting, skill instruction as designated by the Head Coach, practice/game plan development, and administrative responsibilities pertaining to football required.
Pursuant to University policy, Alfred State College is committed to ensuring equal employment, education opportunity, and equal access to services, programs, and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or ex-offender status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely based upon a protected characteristic.
All applicants are subject to a criminal, employment, and educational background check.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for the College at http://www.alfredstate.edu/student-services/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the SUNY Alfred State College University Police Department at 607-587-3999.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and resume.