Resource and Policy Analyst/Resource and Policy Coordinator
The University of Illinois seeks a Resource and Policy Analyst/Coordinator to develop recommendations for new or revised initiatives, business applications, and data functions. The Resource and Policy Analyst/Coordinator will design, conduct, and interpret new and continuing budget, institutional research, administrative, or academic policy studies. The Resource and Policy Analyst/Coordinator will assist in the preparation and documentation of the University’s annual operating and capital budget requests and production of supporting materials required by State of Illinois budget review agencies. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Conduct analytical studies in response to internal and external data requests in the area of budget and finance. For example, tuition and fees, waivers, financial aid, budget comparisons, expenditure analysis, peer comparisons, etc.
2. Prepare responses to various State agency information requests. Participate in institutional data exchange activities. Conduct peer comparison studies and other special studies as required. Prepare statistical reports and analyze changes/trends in University resources. Prepare analysis to meet internal management information needs. Participate in committees as necessary.
3. Work as a team member to refine the unit’s research agenda based on scanning of national and state trends in key subject areas.
4. Use existing network/warehouse databases and develop other information resources as needed to support the planning function and satisfy institutional reporting requirements.
5. Assist in the production of the annual University budget request. Provide background information and respond to technical questions concerning annual budget request by the Illinois Board of Higher Education and legislative staffs.
6. Assist in coordination of annual submission of Illinois State Legislature Forms and legislative briefing materials.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in a discipline that includes quantitative analysis or related discipline and three years of experience (five years for the Coordinator level) in data collection and assessment, statistical analysis, and information management. Other requirements include: experience in SAS or similar programming language; strong oral and written communication skills; knowledge and experience in information technology and management information reporting and experience with using web-based applications and database applications, preferably in a networked, client/server environment. Preferred qualifications include: professional experience in a higher education setting; professional experience in university, or other public sector, institutional research, budgeting or financial analysis; familiarity with SCT Banner; familiarity with public higher education in Illinois; experience with MS Office suite, statistical tools, experience accessing distributed databases for use in a networked, client/server environment and experience working with relational databases.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by July 21, 2017 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
HR Service Center
449 Henry Administration Building, MC 341
506 South Wright Street
Urbana, IL 61801
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The System Offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.