Director of Sports Information
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Director of Sports Information
Athletics Administration - 6510950
Business & Finance
Cover Letter, Resume
The Director of Sports Information is responsible for all Athletics communications, helping to promote and
advance Grizzly Athletics. The position will coordinate all sports information and media relations functions for the
Grizzlies and their six intercollegiate sports.
- Produce all sports information through, but not limited to, writing, desktop publishing, web and social media posting and graphic design
- Perform and/or staff on game days the following: official scorekeeper/statistician, scoreboard operator, PA announcer, music coordinator and video board operator. Staff or performs all home contests and any postseason tournaments held at the Grizzly Athletics Complex, which may include Work-Study students, volunteers, interns and occasional freelance opportunities
- Travel to postseason play and select regular season away contests when possible
- Manage game day press box operation
- Work collaboratively with the Grizzly Digital Network and the Athletics Video and Broadcast Coordinator
- Support Athletics marketing efforts and marketing personnel, including working with on- and off-campus campus photographers
- Responsible for various aspects of the web site (GrizzlyAthletics.com), including: all content creation, posting and management, and strategic and design objectives
- Responsible for timely and accurate dissemination of information to media outlets, all social media communications, plus the research and integration of new technology platforms to engage fans
- Develop external media relationships and advance the relationships in an effort to augment media coverage of the Grizzlies locally, regionally, nationally and globally
- Generate compelling story ideas surrounding the program for internal and external distribution
- Generate conference and national award nominations
- Work successfully with student-athletes, various Athletics personnel, the college's on-campus Office of Public Relations, and other key campus constituents
- Performs other duties as assigned
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Two to Three years of sports information experience
- Knowledge of the following software:
- Dakstats NAIA Statistical Software
- Back-end web site management (GrizzlyAthletics.com currently uses SIDHelp platform)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop at a minimum)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint at a minimum)
- Knowledge of in-game scoring and rules of the game
- Knowledge of photography
- Knowledge of StatCrew
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).