Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - SCIS, Management Information Systems and Business Analytic
The Department of Supply Chain and Information Systems in the College of Business at Iowa State University welcomes applications for a tenured/tenure-track Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor in Management Information Systems(MIS) and Business Analytics(BA). The MIS and BA faculty currently consists of eighteen (18) full-time, tenured, tenure-track or professionally qualified faculty members. Primary responsibilities include both research and teaching in MIS and BA at the undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. levels.
Successful applicants will be expected to develop and maintain an outstanding MIS and BA research program. The applicant is also expected to demonstrate strong teaching abilities. The program has teaching needs in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, business analytics, machine learning, business statistics, and information security and privacy. The ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current students, industry personnel, and the wider community is essential to this position.
- Applicants must have an earned doctorate in business administration, management, or computer science, with a concentration in management information systems or a related field.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential for an outstanding research record.
- Candidates must meet the college’s standards to be Scholarly Academic qualification under AACSB standards.
-For appointment to the Associate Professor rank, in addition to the above, the successful candidate must meet the university standards for appointment to the rank, including publications in premier journals in MIS or related fields and demonstrated ability as a successful classroom teacher.
-In addition to the above, applicants for Full Professor must also have a strong national and international scholarly reputation.
- Very strong management information systems-oriented research record evidenced by publications in leading academic journals.
- Work experience with responsibilities related to information systems and technology.
- Sustained record of excellence in teaching and the ability to teach a variety of MIS and BA courses; including a variety of big data and technical classes at undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. levels.
- Experience supervising and placing graduate students.
- Demonstrated skill in developing and expanding relationships with companies and professional organizations.
Review of applications will begin on July 31, 2017. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The search committee will be conducting initial interviews at the AMCIS meeting August 10-12, 2017 in Boston, MA for those who are available with additional arrangements made for those not planning to attend the meeting.
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply to this job” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three References
4) Statement of teaching and research interests
5) Teaching evaluations for the past two years, attach as “Other Document(s)”
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures and may include the completion of a background check and/or a consumer credit check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email firstname.lastname@example.org.