The University of Central Florida Libraries seeks a confident and knowledgeable Science Librarian to serve within the Research & Information Services Dept. as the Subject Liaison to UCF’s Depts. of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Nanotechnology, Physics, Statistics, the College of Optics and Photonics, and other academic subject areas as assigned. This position reports to the Head of Research and Information Services and may include evening and weekend hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the Liaison Librarian to the Depts. of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Nanotechnology, Physics, Statistics, and the College of Optics and Photonics.
- Teaches library research instruction sessions and provides research consultations for undergraduate and graduate students in assigned subject areas.
- Develops appropriate instructional and informational aids (e.g. Research Guides, tutorials, assessments, etc.) for students and faculty of assigned subject areas.
- Assists with collection development and program reviews for assigned subject areas.
- Master’s degree from an American Library Association-accredited institution
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degree in field or sub-field of physical or life sciences
- Experience with science databases and information literacy instruction
- Experience with outreach to faculty and students
- Experience with research consultation and services
- Experience with collection development
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
Environment: The University of Central Florida is a research university located 13 miles east of downtown Orlando. With more than 64,000 students, UCF is the largest university by enrollment in Florida and one of the largest universities in the nation. The University offers 95 bachelor’s, 86 master’s and 31 doctoral degree programs, and it leads all universities in Florida in conferring more than 15,000 degrees a year.
The UCF Libraries houses a collection of 2.2 million volumes and 44,000 serials, and serves as a partial depository for government documents and patents. Full-time staffing of 116 includes 44 faculty. For more information about the UCF Libraries see http://library.ucf.edu and http://library.ucf.edu/about/departments/administration/facts-figures/administrationfacts-about-the-libraries/
To Apply: For position 36141 complete the online application at http://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/50118 by the closing date of August 3, 2017. In addition submit a letter addressing the stated preferences, a full curriculum vitae, and contact information for three current professional references. Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Questions may be directed to Barbara Tierney (Head of Research & Information Services) Barbara.email@example.com. UCF is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.