COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST II, CLINICAL RESEARCH
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST II, CLINICAL RESEARCH
DCRI - CTTI
Who We Are:
As the world's largest academic clinical research organization and part of the Duke University School of Medicine, the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI) is known for conducting groundbreaking multinational clinical trials, managing major national patient registries, and performing landmark outcomes research. We are dedicated to advancing clinical research by promoting innovation, education, scientifically designed studies, and operationally efficient clinical trial conduct.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for implementing the department's strategic communications plan by designing effective and innovative communications including website and social media, original publications, articles, graphics, briefing materials, and employee messaging designed to build community and support for the clinical trial enterprise.
• Defines and identifies strategies for primary social media channels including, usage guidelines, message mix, scheduling/volume, and the role of each channel in overall marketing strategies.
• Integrates social channels with CTTI and DCRI websites and other CTTI marketing channels
• Collaborates with other stakeholders on strategy development and program implementation, ensuring alignment with and support of overall CTTI communications and visibility efforts
• Develops strategy for Facebook and LinkedIn to drive increased fan engagement: proposes themes, develops and sources content.
• Monitors ongoing evolution of Facebook and LinkedIn sites and proposes strategies and features as appropriate.
• Assists with CTTI presence, development, communication/posting strategies and day-to-day activity on secondary social channels such as YouTube, Flickr,and Pinterest.
• Monitors CTTI, patient advocacy and clinical trial enterprise-related posts and commentary across all key social channels (Facebook, Twitter, and major blogs) on a daily/weekly basis; produces and distributes meaningful, actionable analysis on key conversation topics,volume and sentiment for management review.
• Conducts ad hoc analysis of social conversation in response to issues, crisis situations and other trends impacting CTTI and patient advocacy opinions while providing insight and recommendations on overall communications strategies to management
• Reviews, analyzes and provides actionable reporting on key engagement and fan base metrics for Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Flickr.
• Assists with developing website content and uploading of content,including original stories, articles, designs, videos, and integrated connections to multimedia and social networking opportunities.
• Assists with the Steering Committee newsletter to include writing articles, providing photographic services, performing layout duties and interacting closely with directors.
• Assists with researching and writing policies and procedures; update policy and procedural manuals; obtain approval concerning new or revised policies and procedures.
• Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires communications and marketing skills normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in a related field
Experience: Work generally requires one year related experience in advertising, marketing,media, promotions or public relations
- Demonstrates proficiency in use and management of multiple web platforms including Drupal
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to work in high pressure environment
- Knowledge of clinical trials or clinical research preferred
1966 CLINICAL RESEARCH COMM SPECIALIST II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in English, journalism, graphicdesign, or related field.
Two years of clinical trial communications experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE"
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.