Senior Communications Associate, Undergraduate Admissions
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Enrollment Management and Retention Division - Graduate Enrollment Management, Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships, the Office of the Registrar, the Office of Student Financial Assistance, Undergraduate Admissions, Strategic Enrollment Initiatives, International Enrollment, and Enrollment Retention - works to enroll, retain, and graduate an ever more passionate, academically talented and diverse student body. Through the formal unification of our units, we have focused on building an organization that recognizes the distinct roles and expertise of each individual department, while also identifying and leveraging opportunities for collaboration. Most important, our goal is to ensure an outstanding experience for students - prospective and current.
The GW Office of Undergraduate Admissions is committed to helping prospective freshman and transfer students in their college search, and is honored to review applications from thousands of students around the world each year. The goal of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions is to create a class of students who will pursue academic excellence, thrive in our dynamic environment, and make lasting contributions to GW and the world.
The Senior Communications Associate, UGA creates and implements the online and social media presence for the Office of Admissions. Ensures a cohesive and consistent engagement strategy across all communication mediums including print, web, social/digital and events. Serves as a liaison and project manager with Creative Services on design needs, print publications, digital design work and video production.
• Develops and implements the recruitment marketing and communication plan. Collaborates with the Director of Undergraduate Admissions Communication in the development of direct marketing content to include print and social/digital communication.
• Manages social media presence, websites, college search portals and onlyatgw.com. Assists with email communication according to the communications calendar.
• Manages the production and the implementation of marketing material, signage and media for a variety of special events, promotional merchandise, student blogs, webinars, mobile devices, videos, and event and Welcome Center services. Works with external graphic design groups, promotional merchandise suppliers, event vendors, mail house, and External Relations Creative Services on communication production and logistics. Manages admissions publications inventory.
• Represents the university at admissions recruitment activities as needed. Presents information sessions. May be required to travel to attend off-campus events. Provides application evaluation support when needed.
• Other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning additional responsibilities that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess outstanding interpersonal, public speaking, and customer service skills; excellent writing ability; strong critical thinking, analytical, and organizational skills; flexibility and adaptability; a demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced, high volume environment; leadership and management skills and potential; and a deep commitment to recruiting and enrolling a diverse class. Self-starter with outstanding demonstrated initiative, capable of operating independently on a daily basis. Three or more years of professional experience in admissions or a closely related field is strongly preferred. Demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Please note that this position requires significant travel and work on evenings and weekends. Should be available to work a varied schedule to include evenings, holidays and weekends.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Other College/School/Department: Enrollment Management Family Comm, Mktg & Media Sub-Family Communications and Public Relations Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30-5:30; some Saturdays and week nights; travel required Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006444 Job Open Date: 06/29/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter